Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Feature Request: additional e-mail notifications
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Feature Request: additional e-mail notifications
Sala
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Feature Request: additional e-mail notifications 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
Is there any way the forum could be coded so that I do not have to receive e-mail notifications from the System - only from individuals? Right now, the only options are to receive e-mail notifications, or not.

My inbox is constantly flooded with spam about Dokuga contests. I do not participate (enter or vote) in these contests. To receive so many e-mails and PMs about them is a bit frustrating.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Feature Request: additional e-mail notifications 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
System emails do not pertain to the forum. These are emails that are sent out system-wide so that all members receive notification of ongoing events. I'm sorry that it seems that you are receiving too many, but we have had some Administrative changes lately, which has resulted in several more system emails than usual.

You will also be receiving a system email, soon, regarding our upcoming fundraising drive to keep the site open. Again, I'm sorry they seem excessive lately, but we are slowly integrating the new Administrators.

As you said, though, you could choose to turn off emails altogether - at this point, that would seem your only option.

Without Miss Kagura to do the coding, we have no programmer to monitor the site or work on feature requests at the present time. Since our big push for funding for hosting is coming up, we also do not have the funds to hire someone to do the programming. My apologies for your inconvenience.

~~WiccanMethuselah~~
Site Administrator

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Sala
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Feature Request: additional e-mail notifications 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
No worries. I was just wondering if it was possible. I hate to turn them off altogether, since I'd miss announcements of actual importance, but I guess I'll have to.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.