Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Problems With Reviews??
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Problems With Reviews??
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Problems With Reviews?? 13 Years ago Karma: 20
I don't know if this has been addressed, or if it is even a problem at all, but the last two reviews for the new chapter of "Hubrant" did not post. All that there is the name of the reviewer and nothing else. Does this have anything to do with the site going down earlier, or just because the reviewer changed their minds on leaving a review at all? I just wondered because I got excited to see that I had two new reviews, but then there was nothing there. Has anyone else had this happen?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lady Kirara
Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Problems With Reviews?? 13 Years ago Karma: 22
I know it's happened to some of my stories before, but I was told it's because the reviewer doesn't actually post anything.

Perhaps it's because they didn't type in the name at the bottom of the screen? I know that prevents people from having their reviews show up also.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kirara's twin tails in the Claim Game.

~ Fairy tales don't exist ~ Because stories never die ~
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Problems With Reviews?? 13 Years ago Karma: 24
I'm not sure, Oro, but the same thing happened to me the other day. I was excited to see a new review, but it was an anonymous user who had posted a seemingly blank review. I do know that a Dokugan had an issue with her reviews not showing up after she submitted them a while back but I can't recall if she ever found out why it was doing that. I wish I could help, but unfortunately, I'm seeing the same thing too.

Logged Logged

Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Problems With Reviews?? 13 Years ago Karma: 696975
i'm not sure what's going on. i left a review signed in, i left a review anonymously, and i tried leaving reviews wtihout typing in the verification code. NOthing was left blank from me. Beyond that, I don't know how to troubleshoot that kind of problem.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Problems With Reviews?? 13 Years ago Karma: 3
I had this happen to me on the 12th. I think it may be something the reviewer is doing or not doing. I had three reviews from the same person for the same chapter. The first two were blank and the third one was the review. Weird to say the least.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problems With Reviews?? 13 Years ago Karma: 277
Again, this makes me wonder what browser people are using to access the site. It is well-known that Dokuga really does not work nicely with "Internet Exploder." It's just a fact of life that we can do little to fix, given that our programmer extraordinaire has scarpered off somewhere.

My apologies to those authors who have had to deal with this phenomenon. I understand the excitement, let-down, and frustration that you must feel. If I might suggest, perhaps you can contact the reviewer, if they are a site member, and see if they are using Internet Explorer... and perhaps suggest a switch to a different browser. I know that Firefox works very reliably for most, hence what I suggest to others.

Perhaps people with experience using other browsers on the site will also give their opinions as to what works best for them.

Once more, my apologies that we aren't able to address this as fully as we would like!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Kimberly
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Problems With Reviews?? 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
This happens to me every time I try and review a story. What ever I typed ends up blank even if I enter the verification code, which is always Inuyasha's picture. It is very frustrating when I want to express my appreciation only to find my review blank and showing only my name.

Logged Logged
Kimberly
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Problems With Reviews?? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Still having problems with the same issue. My reviews just will not show up.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problems With Reviews?? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
Kimberly wrote:
Still having problems with the same issue. My reviews just will not show up.

Are you using Internet Explorer?

Have you cleared your cache and cookies?

There are several problems the site has that could lead to the inability to leave reviews, as well as interfere with other site features.

Please take some time to check these things and post a more detailed account of what you're using as a browser, your operating system (just for information's sake), and anything else you can think of that might be different from others who have no trouble.

For example, I'm using Windows 7, with the latest version of FireFox. I have never had a problem leaving a review unless I forgot to input the verification. If you could give us a little more info, we might be able to be a little more helpful.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.