Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Improper Paste Transfer
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Improper Paste Transfer
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Improper Paste Transfer 13 Years ago Karma: 52
I'm having problems posting a new chapter for a new story. I'll C+P the text from a Wordpad into the Text Box, only to have it Italicize paragraphs of text that had none, and switch around some text from one portion to another, throwing it out of order.

EDIT: I just tried Pasting it into the text box here. It transferred correctly into this text box, so I'm assuming it is a problem with the Story box. I'll try restarting IE though, to see if that fixes the problem.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/04/11 08:35 By JoshuaK.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Improper Paste Transfer 13 Years ago Karma: 52
Took a screenshot of the misplaced text and improper Italics. Oddly enough, only Kagome's lines were transferred down, while the Dragon's lines all remained in their proper place.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/04/11 08:43 By JoshuaK.

Luna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Improper Paste Transfer 13 Years ago Karma: 11
I've had that happen to me before, too, but usually if I deselect what I copied and do it all over again and paste it in the box, it usually pastes correctly. If it doesnt... then I have no idea. Does it do it every time? maybe if you select small portions of the text at a time to paste. Wish I could be of help!

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Okay, I think I've isolated the problem. It seems to have to do with the large amount of Italics used in the conversations. When Character A, the Dragon, speaks I have it Italicized, and when Kagome speaks, it is in normal text. It clumps the Italics together in one paragraph, and the normal text into another paragraph. At a certain point, it also converts everything downwards into Italics.

I've tried restarting my computer, using other discs to transfer the files, installing a Java update even, but nothing seems to work. I may have to de-Italicize everything, then paste as normal text and edit in appropriatly what I want in Italics, to make it work properly. I'll be trying this later on today.

Logged Logged

Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Okay then, final update.

Used Plain Text Transfer to C+P from Wordpad, and it copied everything correctly. Went back in and Italicized the Proper Text, which was a pain, but everything has worked out in the end. I'll just have to keep in mind that the Dokuga text box considers large amounts of Italics to be very very ebil. =3

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.