Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
delete button request
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: delete button request
AmberEyes
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
delete button request 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
i guess being able to 'edit' your posts makes sense...but what if you posted on the wrong thing entirely by accident? i think a 'delete' button should be there so you can simply delete it if you accidently post something or post it in the wrong place or something.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Atailpha
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:delete button request 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
I have wondered why there wan't one. I would like to see one....even if it negates the number of posts you have made!

Logged Logged

Atailpha Claims the Occupation Master Dokugareers Moniter, with the tool of my daring wit!

\\\"When life gives you lemons, go write a fan fiction.\\\"

(See more quotes on my profile!)
AmberEyes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:delete button request 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
well I've been thinking about it all day because i accidently posted something the wrong way, so i posted ANOTHER one saying "oops, did that wrong" then i realized that i could edit. i fixed my previous message but then found that i couldn't delete the one saying that i'd done it wrong. i think it would be a nice thing to have for those mistake makers like me.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:delete button request 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
Not to worry, that's what Admins are for. If you want a post deleted, simply notify one of us and it will be handled. If you have posted in the wrong area, ladybattousai, our forum Admin with the sparkly baton, will make sure that it goes in the right place (along with letting you know where that place should be!).

The reason only the Admins and mods have the power to delete is so that we know what's going on at all times. This way, we track activity and no one can say "But so-and-so did such-and-such, then deleted it."

Yes, we are nosy... yes, we can be a tad... um... controlling(?) but it is for the general overall enjoyment of all concerned.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:delete button request 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
AmberEyes wrote:
well I've been thinking about it all day because i accidently posted something the wrong way, so i posted ANOTHER one saying "oops, did that wrong" then i realized that i could edit. i fixed my previous message but then found that i couldn't delete the one saying that i'd done it wrong. i think it would be a nice thing to have for those mistake makers like me.

I believe I saw, and deleted, the post done in error earlier today - I don't think you can see it anymore, can you?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Atailpha
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:delete button request 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
Yes, we are nosy... yes, we can be a tad... um... controlling(?) but it is for the general overall enjoyment of all concerned.

teeheehee. That made me giggle! ^^

Logged Logged

Atailpha Claims the Occupation Master Dokugareers Moniter, with the tool of my daring wit!

\\\"When life gives you lemons, go write a fan fiction.\\\"

(See more quotes on my profile!)
AmberEyes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:delete button request 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I believe I saw, and deleted, the post done in error earlier today - I don't think you can see it anymore, can you?

thank you very much for doing that, but yes, i do still see i. i'm sorry i don't mean to be a pain/problem

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.