Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
New Category for the Dokuga Awards ?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: New Category for the Dokuga Awards ?
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:New Category for the Dokuga Awards ? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 696975
The completed story is one that I will take into consideration.

The one liner though I have a concern with. Not becuase the idea isn't good lol, because it is. But I worry about whether or not people will remember the lines and if we'll get enough nominations for it.

Let me take these into consideration and I'll report back later.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:New Category for the Dokuga Awards ? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
I agree, I especially like the one liner idea...since I happen to be one of the people with story quotes in my signature lol

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
LC Rose
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:New Category for the Dokuga Awards ? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 39
I second that one, Dany. There are too many awesome fics out there that are NEVER completed and too many completed ones that no one seems to see.

Logged Logged

~PPFT!~

Muses...cannot live with them, cannot kill them.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:New Category for the Dokuga Awards ? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 91
My vote is best completed story. Those sometimes get lost in the shuffle between voting cycles. If it end too close to the close of one and too far away from the opening of another it's forgotten. Plus, honestly, the majority of fan fiction stories never get finished so why not give a category to those authors that do finish things? It takes a lot to finish some of the longer stories, from personal experience, why not acknowledge that?

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
redpixie
Pup
graphgraph
New Category for the Dokuga Awards ? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I was lurking in the forum and suddenly noticed that some have, as their signatures, quotes of interesting/funny lines of fanfic stories, and an idea occurred to me :

Why not have a category "Best Line" in the next Dokuga Awards ?

I know that, many times, I've read ones that had me laughing out loud and I think it'd be a nice way of showing our appreciation to authors

And, it could be the occasion for voters to discover stories they might not have paid attention to before
What do you think ??

Logged Logged
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:New Category for the Dokuga Awards ? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 40
that sounds interesting. kind of like the best kiss scene or best fight scene that is feature in the MTV Movie Awards.

There are quite a few memorable lines in the fanfics, so I say, why not?

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.