Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Review Karma
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Review Karma
Cheebers McGee
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Review Karma 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
I have a request: Could reviewers receive karma like they do in the forums?

Everyone could 'add/sub karma' when they read reviews given by others. I think this would encourage reviewers and discourage the random 'your story sucks' reviews that have been popping up recently elsewhere. I'd like to believe Dokuga users above that, but one story canceled by the author is enough to leave a bad taste.

Plus, I know there are people out there who leave wildly entertaining reviews, and I would love to 'thumb up' in their general direction.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
possessed
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Review Karma 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
We used to have a rating system, but people would slam stories out of spite or squick, so it was abandoned when Miss K. remodeled the site.

Flames are not allowed on Dokuga, so anyone receiving ANY kind of flame should report it to an Admin. (Miss Kagura, Abraxas, Nobody).

"Your story sucks.", while not exactly a flame, is not considered constructive criticism either, and the reviewer would most likely receive a warning.

Authors commonly visit the profile page of a reviewer and leave their thanks under the 'comment' tab. You can access the profile page of a reviewer easily by clicking it if it appears in red on the review page.

You can most certainly raise their karma if they have posted anything in forum and you find their post, I'm sure they'd LOVE it!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.