Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Wall comment publishing/Loading pictures issues
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Wall comment publishing/Loading pictures issues
Jyurian
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Wall comment publishing/Loading pictures issues 2 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there.

So I have two issues, and I'm not sure if they're just on my end or what.

Firstly, I received a wall comment (post? -- not sure what we're calling them, I'm new) while I had auto-publish off. I have since turned that on, but I'm unable to add the post/comment to my profile. Whenever I click publish, nothing happens. Is the commenter able to make it private on their end, so that I can't publish it? It's not a huge deal, but I'm just wondering if it's buggy or if there's an option that I'm not aware of.

The second issue is with fanart. I've noticed that a lot of the images are broken, and again, wasn't sure if that was somehow on my end or if those images have been pulled or something. It's not the adult content filter being on/off. (I was reading a fic and went to find the author's drawing referenced in a chapter and the image was broken, but it's definitely not the only one.)

I'm sorry if these questions have already been answered. I tried browsing a bit to see if they had.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Wall comment publishing/Loading pictures issues 2 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 156
The fan art issue is not just on your end. Earlier this year Dokuga was down for several days due to a domain issue and while trying to bring the site back up things went wonky and the end result is that many years worth of fan art was lost.

More info about the whole event here.

Logged Logged
Jyurian
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Wall comment publishing/Loading pictures issues 2 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Chie wrote:
Earlier this year Dokuga was down for several days due to a domain issue and while trying to bring the site back up things went wonky and the end result is that many years worth of fan art was lost.

Oh no, that's terrible! I'm sure that was scary and frustrating. Props to the team for getting everything back up and running to the best of their ability. All of that stuff with the backups made my heart sink just reading it.

Thanks for the response. I wasn't having issues on any other sites (so I didn't think it was my security or something), and this was across devices, so I was really curious as to what was going on.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.