Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Can't access site on my pc help plz?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Can't access site on my pc help plz?
Avalei
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
So it did the same thing to you as it did me and despite exclusions still blocked the site? This is the first time I've had issues with it myself. I don't want to uninstall it as it has been a good program and I've used it for years.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 38
Avast was so nuts about it, it brought up a virus alert when I was simply trying to open a review email from the site! I had to restart my computer twice just so I could read the rest of my emails because it kept shutting it down and locking it up.

Husband said to get AVG, but reading here, some people are having trouble with it too. Really, there should be an option that says 'I want to go there anyway', not the 'more info' page that only says 'We just stopped a virus!'. Um, no, you didn't!

I've had avast for years, with no problems, but I couldn't stand not being able to load a webpage I use every day! Especially not when I can't override it and it ignores exceptions. Not sure what I'll be doing yet, but I really hope they can get it all worked out with the various programs because it's terrible that someone's hacking has gotten this awesome site on the Mal lists! Definitely doesn't deserve to be there. This is like another home for me, my virtual home. Don't know what I'd do without it.

Logged Logged
Avalei
Whelp
graphgraph
I've left avast open and pause the web shield long enough to get on the site. I spend a lot of time here too and I hope the next time it gets an update (I filed a false positive report for them to check) it will get removed and we won't have to deal with it going wonky when we come here.

Logged Logged
Reiyn Isa
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 7
Me too,I am having this problem as well D:
I can't access Dokuga from my computer because whenever I try too it would say "No Data Received".
I tried so hard to fix it already like,deleting cookies,downloading extensions and go through this and that..but I still can't go to Dokuga using my PC

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 53
Mizah wrote:
... whenever I try too it would say "No Data Received".

That... usually indicates some other issue. When you're on the PC that cannot access the site, Google "What's my IP Address", and PM me what it returns for your public address. Also try accessing the site from the PC as well. I can check logs based on that.

Now, it's possible that your ISP is using a transparent proxy (no, no way to easily check because it sits on the network between you and the rest of the net), and those are always fun since they usually cache pages as well; and a simple configuration error causes all sorts of chaos.

I don't know enough about normal ISP procedures where you are to be able to say if this could the case though. :/

-M

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/04/14 20:35 By mitharus. Reason: Bad... no cookie.
Avalei
Whelp
graphgraph
Mine said the no data received at first then the antivirus started to act crazy.

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Avalei wrote:
Mine said the no data received at first then the antivirus started to act crazy.

Great... The "no data" thing usually happens on a server error, or when the connection gets broken somewhere in between.

If they've changed their AV to looking at what the domain received from, instead of what the domain *requested* is then that could cause the "no data" as the AV is blocking the connection on the server reply instead of request.

I don't know why they would do that though as it makes no sense to me. I suppose it could be to keep people from getting around blocks (using a host alias) if it's done on the reply instead of request. Still... the request should be the first level done for these. :/

*grumble*

-M

Logged Logged
Elehanna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 6
I am also having both issues. I took off the a vast internet safety extention, and after that I got a 'no data' error. I hope this issue does get solved soon. Makes me wonder how many people are having this problem. I am on my phone right now, thank god I have WiFi, or I would be screwed.

I will check on the possum fb to see if anyone else is having this problem.

Logged Logged
Fye
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 24
So good to see I'm not the only one with this issue. I'm writing from my phone right now, but up until last night Avast would not let me access. Did some research on the 'threat' it recognized, and it has been listed as a false positive for over 2 years. It is also supposed to be fixed by manualy updating the antivirus, but it did not work for me, so I sent them a report informing of this issue.
I did, just in case, a scan of Dokuga using an online program and it came clean, so I'm just waiting until Avast decides to remove this url from their blacklist :/

Logged Logged
zonegirl
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
I'm coming from the cellphone, I can't access it from the PC.
The antivirus told me: this's a malware. And I think, that I came to get a virus on the computer, I'm scanning now. Please, fix the problem. I go very often to this site and I can't right now.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/04/16 00:41 By opadespinavaldi.
Speedy Tomato
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
I actually had to find my password to post this so... LOL

First, the issue isn't the site. It's coming up clear on almost everything out there. Nothing but the FREE versions of AVG and Avast are chucking it up. I had the same problem up until about midnight tonight. Even putting in the exclusion wouldn't get the AV to let me through, chucking the messages to me.

All right--

I found a couple threads on Avasts forum for this. I read through them and certainly didn't like the condescending and sarcastic tone of them supposed tech support fool. So, I didn't point out anything there (Mith, Wiccan has the one thread for you to see what they are saying. It's bunk, of course, but you'll see what they are yammering about).

Rather than do the dance of the stupid with people I have more knowledge than (the fix this fool gave for some other issues I already know doesn't work because I tried it with a Chrome problem. The fix that did, he didn't seem to know. Double strike there and I'm not playing with them). So, I called them at their number.

They didn't like me No, I don't scream, shout or curse, but they didn't like what I had to say.

I'm not dumb, I've done troubleshooting for AV's and all the nasty junk out there since Win 95 and know what I'm doing then how to fix problems. I ran them through everything, including I've sent off the reports they want. I also pointed out that the only two programs chucking issues are the free versions of Avast and AVG. Rather negates their condescending and attitude laced forum bunk. I also pointed out that this issue has been going on for days now and Avast can't deign to reply to anyone on the topic and has done nothing to fix the issue on their end. That is where the problem is. I also pointed out that programs they suggest on their forum to fix issues are showing no issue. As anyone would expect, I just got bluster and BS in return. In the end, the woman I dealt with said to send a ticket in to get it reviewed. I pointed out, I had, multiple times a day since the issue presented itself. She said send another. So, Mith, you might want to nail them but good with one. Here is the URL...

www.avast.com/en-us/support

About midway down the page, left hand side is send a ticket for it.

On my end, the problem is solved. I uninstalled it and went to Comodo (another free one that is about the highest rated out there). I also made it clear as glass that I was done with Avast and uninstalling because I will not put up with this bunk from an AV that wants to blame everything in the world but themselves.

I know many like Avast and it's good, but this might be the only way. Comodo (no, it's not a misspelling) is only one of may free AVs out there. You can easily find another and it'll work. If something is giving you this much of the runaround when they have had it reported repeatedly and proven it's not an issue, you might want to change. Especially since no one can seem to convince anyone from Avast there isn't a problem. They want to blame Joomla, LiquidWeb, how old some of whatever is (I pointed out in the phonecall if the age and outdated software was triggering the warning, plenty of other sites would get blocked as well and named them, another bit they couldn't counter) and anything but themselves. You don't want to deal with a company that does that. Because when it comes down to you needing help and the issue is their software, you won't get it either.

Logged Logged
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 37
Thank you so much ST for the useful tips. I too will be searching for a new anti-virus software.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/04/16 09:46 By moonlight silk.
Elehanna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 6
As will I, I think it's about time for something new anyways. I will update the fb page about it.

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Speedy Tomato wrote:
So, Mith, you might want to nail them but good with one. Here is the URL...

www.avast.com/en-us/support

I submitted a ticked through that support link as well. I had sent one through a different contact link previously.

For the forum... here's my fun response. Whee!:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=169512.msg1204981#msg1204981

... I thought I was pretty nice. *nod nod*

The most AV I have on my Windows machine is Microsoft's (Security Essentials, or something like that) free one. It's been ages (not long after they bought the orig company) since I've used anything more then that even though it didn't get decent'ish until a few years ago. But, it could remove things other AV/Malware software couldn't (surprise, surprise).

-M

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 277
Again, thank you so much for your assistance... and I would remind everyone here that Mith

DONATES

his time and expertise!!!!

Loved your response... I can only wonder what they'll come back with, if anything, LOL!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 38
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
Again, thank you so much for your assistance... and I would remind everyone here that Mith

DONATES

his time and expertise!!!!

Loved your response... I can only wonder what they'll come back with, if anything, LOL!

~~me~~

Can't thank him enough, either. This stuff goes *phew* right over my head. Dealing with less than helpful people... He's a prince.

Logged Logged
Silence-Midnight
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 83
Ah now i know why i can´t open Dokuga on my computer at my company. I tried it on Monday and after it failed i thought so: maybe another time.

Today i am online again on my home computer, where i have Norton 360 while in the company there is Avast.
I don´t have problems at home and i can´t deinstall avast in the company because my boss would "kill" me. And i don´t have the password for this.

So i can only go on dokuga at my own computer, no problem at all. Hopefully they can solve that problem so the others can again join us here.

Logged Logged

Speedy Tomato
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
Mith, you were a whole lot nicer than I would have been, trust me! Like i said--idiots.

And thank you for all you do for the site. You're amazing!

Logged Logged
mango
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Can't access site on my pc help plz? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 72
Thanks so much Mith, Wiccan, Speedy, and everyone else that has helped figuring this issue out! I'm not all that great at this computer stuff so based off what I've read so far I'm going to also be looking for another AV. I do still have the free version of Avast on my pc and since I've updated it and put dokuga on the exclusions list I've had no problems, but this wasn't the first issue I had with Avast.

My 14yr old daughter was lecturing me when this first came up that she has been trying to get me to change my AV for a long time and if I had just listened to her... LOL!

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Are folks still having issues with AVG/Avast?? I've heard... nothing from what I've actually put in about seeing what needs to be done to clear it. Yay! *grumble*

-M

Logged Logged
Avalei
Whelp
graphgraph
Avast has quit blocking the site for me. Thank you so much for your help Mitharus.

Logged Logged
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Avalei wrote:
Avast has quit blocking the site for me. Thank you so much for your help Mitharus.

Wonderful! As a bonus, I finally got a reply from Avast saying it was unblocked as well...

Anyone with AVG that can comment? KEdakumi?

-M

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.