Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fic search!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fic search!
mynightshining
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fic search! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
I'm looking for a fic that was posted many years ago. Sessh/Kag. I don't think it was completed. Set in the Feudal Era. Sessh offers Kagome the use of his library at his palace. Hilarity and romance ensue after she finds a Kama Sutra scroll. Also, I think his library was made of living trees and plants? It's been a while since I read it. The facts might be jumbled. I think Shippou shows up at one point and causes trouble... It might have been housed on A Single Spark originally (P.S. What happened to that site?)

Any help in finding this fic would be greatly appreciated! It's been driving me crazy.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sarah C
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fic search! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 35
The fic you mention does not sound familiar. If you haven't found the database of A Single Spark stories yet, try the 'Spark' button in the upper right corner. If your last question is more along the lines of why A Single Spark changed to Dokuga, someone who has been using the sites longer than I have will have to answer. I don't really remember all the details.

Logged Logged
Landare
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fic search! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 18
I think it might be Technoelfie's Etchings, (on deviantart), or her fanfic Hope is the Thing with Feathers, (rated MA here on Dokuga).

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Fic search! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 57
Could be Hope is the Thing with Feathers, I recall there being a Cornucopia that spits out tampons, since it's the time of Kagome's month in the ficlet. She also becomes the equivalent of Persephone too, since Sesshy's killed the original. Odd but enjoyable ficlet, though it is MA, just a warning, so no YIMs.

Logged Logged
mynightshining
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fic search! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Did A Single Spark become Dokuga? I totally missed the boat.

Logged Logged
mynightshining
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fic search! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
OMG YES! That's the one. I totally forgot about the Cornucopia. LMAO. Thank you!

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Fic search! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 156
Single Spark closed down because its owner no longer had the time and energy to run the site. Single Spark is still there, though, as a read-only archive which you can access by following the "Spark" tab on the far right on the top of the page.

Dokuga was expanded from the LJ community into this site to fill out the void left by Single Spark closing down.

Or at least that's how I understand it happened. (It all took place the year I was taking a break from fanfiction ^^; )

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Fic search! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
Actually, for a short while, Dokuga and A Single Spark operated at the same time. Shortly before that, A Single Spark was having a LOT of trouble keeping the site up and running - server problems were numerous. Dokuga was the inspiration of our creator, Miss Kagura, and Demonlordlover (a legend in Sess/Kag fanfiction). It was designed to be a Sess/Kag site that would be more user-friendly, more closely monitored, and more interactive than 'Spark. Miss K did the heavy lifting of building the site, and Demonlordlover loaned it the name from the Yahoo Awards group, as well as creating the first set of our infamous RULES!

Shortly after Dokuga began operations, ~Winter~ (the owner of A Single Spark) decided that she did not, indeed, have the time to devote to the site. Miss Kagura made an offer to host 'Spark's archive in an effort to preserve all those wonderful stories, and ~Winter~ graciously agreed. Miss Kagura worked for months on the coding to roll the 'Spark archive into Dokuga - the result is what you see today.

I, for one, am incredibly grateful to Miss Kagura for all the hard work, sleepless nights, care, and effort she put into building this site and incorporating the 'Spark archive. Yes, we've had our glitches, but overall, the site has performed far beyond anyone's expectations over the years.

So, yeah... kudos to Miss K, and MANY THANKS to our volunteer tech guru, Mitharus - the guy that jumps in and patches up stuff that has broken over time!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.