Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
does anyone have any tips ?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: does anyone have any tips ?
rachel
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
does anyone have any tips ? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I've been dying to write a story about sesshy and kagome for a long time. But everytime I try I have major writters block at the first sentence. I switch back and forth between very sexual or just cute. I know I can do both, but I am unsure on how to approach it.... Any helping tips?

Peace and Love
, Rachel

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:does anyone have any tips ? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 78
Chances are, it would be most natural for you to write in a style similar to your favorite authors. Think of the books you really enjoy reading, and use them for a guideline. I know, when I try a new author, a lot of times I feel uncomfortable, and think, "oooh, too lemony" if the story is just one graphic sex scene after another, or if one scene goes on, and on, and on, and on. I just cease to enjoy stories like that, and often set them aside without finishing reading them. It's like I have a volume control for things like that, and I bet you do, too, when you think about it. I think, all around, it's a great idea to use your favorite authors for inspiration when it comes to style, as long as you use your own original ideas for plot. Dialogue is easy, but a lot of work. Every time you put something in quotation marks, try to imagine the character you know actually saying what you have written. Would anyone really say that? Specifically, would that specific character really say that? If it sounds wrong, find a different way to have them say it, or find a less straightforward way of presenting what you were going to have the character say. Also, I think it helps to realize you can just spew out anything when you are writing, then sort it out once you get a chapter done. Don't be afraid to delete the things you write, or save something for a later chapter. Well! That's all I know about that!

Logged Logged
Himura Asami
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:does anyone have any tips ? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 9
This might not help, since my writing process is... unconventional to say the least.
The easiest thing for me to do is start with a pivotal conversation between two characters I favor the most. I have them randomly say something, and after I have that conversation written down, I use it as a basis for my plot. It could turn dramatic, comedic, or maybe dark, or fluffy, all depending on what is said in the conversation. The conversation doesn't even have to be an actual part of the story. After I have a basic plot, I start writing my story.
It's pretty simple, but not the usual way people start writing . .
I hope it helps, but I don't know if it'll work for you.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:does anyone have any tips ? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 57
Try to have one central idea, to get you started, and write around it. I did that alot when I first started writing Sess x Kags fanfiction for Dokuga. I mainly just took one word prompts from some of the challenges was just spontaneous with creativity. Whatever I could think of in a few minutes ended up in the ficlet, mind this was for oneshots not for chapter ficlets. Nowadays I still do the same thing but only occassionally, having writer's block myself even with drabbles. I can either write or not. If I can't think of anything and spend five minutes looking at the screen with nothing, I just leave it.

Keep powering through.

You'll think of something and be writing sooner than you think.

It might be just a case of getting ideas together. A direction to go in that's slowing you down.

~ Pyre

P.S: Have a happy new year!

Logged Logged
rachel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:does anyone have any tips ? 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you! Thanks to everyone actually (: this helps me a lot

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.