Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
am I crossing into dangerous territory?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: am I crossing into dangerous territory?
FurvusCorvus
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
am I crossing into dangerous territory? 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
I am playing with a twin piece. But this is not like the ones before mind you. I am crossing into hentai. not like other hentai either I borrowed this form a artist I ran acrossed in the web and I like the consecpt and thought to apply it here, but to save myself I tweaked it a bit by saying the god of the mood changed there blood so making them no longer related. so almost taboo but not. let me know if it cause issues I will not post then. I don't want flames I wanted to play with this and have fun. but I can keep it to myself.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Starfyre
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:am I crossing into dangerous territory? 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 11
Personally I would say post it. Put a warning at the beginning of the story about possible incest, or whatever, and leave it at that. Anyone that doesn't want to read something that could be viewed that way has been warned and has no right to flame or complain. Then set it so that they can not leave anonymous reviews. If anyone gets ugly about it, report them for abuse. You warned them at the start they should keep that warning in mind.

I have several warnings at the beginning of one of my fics and I remind them of the warnings on chapters that are touchy or will detail disturbing content. I am certain that several people have chosen not to read my story because of the warnings and I am happy that they made the choice to not read instead of being ugly. I know that I have readers that have skipped chapters completely even though they still read the story based off of a warning at the beginning of that chapter.

Pretty much, if you warn them at the start as well as the chapter that could cause a problem or be disturbing, they have no right to complain.

I personally hate reading a story and suddenly being blindsided by rape or attempted rape. That should have a warning at the top of the chapter or at least the first chapter of the story or the summary so that I can choose if I want to read that. I don't get ugly with the author for not warning, but I will stop reading the story and am more cautious about their work after that.

As long as you do your part as an author with preparing your readers for what you have written, they should do their part as readers and respect you and your work by not being ugly.

That's my thoughts on it, anyway. Hope it helps for what it's worth.
~Starfyre

Logged Logged

Ah~Un is Awesome! I loves them! *nods head*
RogueKittieKat
Pup
graphgraph
Re:am I crossing into dangerous territory? 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
Like Starfyre said about warnings in the chapters, you can also use the story summary to add so when people are searching through they will have a hint as to what lies ahead.

Honestly any story I read on this site with a MA warning I am expecting something all willy-nilly to happen and most of the time its barely PG-13. There are plenty of people out there who are open minded but probably a great deal many who are not but it is your story after all so write what makes you happy.

There are many very cool people on this site so I am sure if you are nervous about something you wrote you could probably find someone to give you a second opinion on it.

Hope I alleviated some worries!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:am I crossing into dangerous territory? 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
My apologies if the ratings seem somewhat onerous and unnecessary... but you must understand where we're sitting as far as the site is concerned.

We apply the MPAA ratings to stories, however, since it is impossible to ensure that our readers have "parental supervision," we must take that into account when rating stories. This site depending, as it does, on donations, must ensure that we have the strongest ratings possible on our stories. We must also enforce our ratings in an effort to prove that we take this seriously and are not carelessly purveying adult material to minors.

We simply do not have the resources of a site like FF.net to withstand any legal objections to our site or its material.

Thus, yes, I can see where many of our members would consider the MA stories to be closer to PG-13 or otherwise. Still, a PG-13 or R rating would require that we are aware of parental oversight. And, here on the interwebs, we can't do that like one could in a movie theater.

Again, my apologies to anyone who is offended by the strict nature of our ratings - I can only plead that it is for the protection of the site.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.