Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Rating question
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Rating question
The Hatter Theory
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Rating question 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 14
I've read and re-read the ratings guide for a story I want to upload, and I'm stumped as to how to rate the fic. The guide says that if describing certain body parts it's for MA, but what if the body parts described are prosthesis and aren't being spoken of in a sexual context in the least?

Thank you!

Logged Logged

I need something that will give me the stamina of a young werewolf, the vision of a shaman, the thoughts of a serial killer, and the gentleness of a hungry vampire bat.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Rating question 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 95
I think it would depend on how detailed the description and what part it was. I would probably contact a site administrator just to be on the safe side though.
Sorry I couldn’t be much help

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Rating question 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 26
Hello!

First and foremost your best bet is to always contact an administrator, or simply just rate for safety. For instance, if you think your story could scrape by as a T, then you probably should rate as an M.

But as far as your description goes, I think M would be what you're looking for, if it's a matter of sexual... areas, but not sexual content. I myself would hardly consider it MA if it was a scene description, say, Kagome's breast examination because she might have cancer. MA is for actual descriptions of sexual situations, strong violence, swear/cursing, etc. But if you get into lengthy detail about touchy subjects, sexual or not, MA is probably the safest bet. Just keep in mind that everyone has their own views of what appropriate is. So even is 99% of the site believed it to be T, if an admin says M it's M. I am not an admin, so my opinion isn't anything solid to use, it's just an opinion.

For what it's worth our admins are really great and you should get a response very, VERY fast.

Logged Logged

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
The Hatter Theory
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Rating question 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 14
Danke!

Logged Logged

I need something that will give me the stamina of a young werewolf, the vision of a shaman, the thoughts of a serial killer, and the gentleness of a hungry vampire bat.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Rating question 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
While r0o and Moxy are taking care of the day to day Admin duties in this area, if you haven't heard from them yet, would it be possible to PM me with more detail? Perhaps tell me a little more about where you're going with this, and I can better help you make a determination??
:?
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

The Hatter Theory
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Rating question 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 14
I ended up contacting ladybattousai from the list on the help page and she told me since it was all clinical with no sexual context it would get an M rating at most, which I'll be using to stay on the safe side.

I do feel like a bit of a doof now, since I guess I contacted the wrong person about it, but now I do know who to message should something like this come up again.

Thank you!

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Rating question 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
The Hatter Theory wrote:
I ended up contacting ladybattousai from the list on the help page and she told me since it was all clinical with no sexual context it would get an M rating at most, which I'll be using to stay on the safe side.

I do feel like a bit of a doof now, since I guess I contacted the wrong person about it, but now I do know who to message should something like this come up again.

Thank you!

No problem, m'dear... we all sometimes have those questions that just defy categorization - and figuring out who to contact can sometimes be a puzzle! Don't feel like a doof, I'm just glad you got it answered!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

SessKago
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Rating question 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
It would have to be based on how you desribed the certain body parts.
If you still don't get it I've read this story with alot of detail and you can see if your describtion describes as much as theirs.
It's called "The Breeder" and basically you read the whats at the top and it will tell what you should exspect to read in that chapter if your looking for pecifics.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.