Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
story help....
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: story help....
mandy
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
story help.... 13 Years ago Karma: 4
so once more Im having a hard time putting sesshomaru into a certain personality and knowing his next move based on what his personality is like.

In the story I need help with
-rin has died in childbirth
-Kagome was there and ended up with the blame
-Kagome was killed by sesshomaru in a blind rage, but he realizes that the pup will only live if Kagome is around.....

How do I make sesshomaru bring her back but still keep his dignity and self righteousness in tack? (remeber he is still grieving rin's death)

[I promise the story is better than it sounds lol...im just giving the short version]

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
soulNchantress
Whelp
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:story help.... 13 Years ago Karma: 3
He's Sesshomaru. That's it in a nutshell. LoL

You could just have him bring her back and demand that SHE has to take care of Rin's child. He could threaten her, too. As in, "If you mess this up, there will not be a second chance." Or, "If the child dies, you die.", kind of deal.

The compassion that he needs to feel to bring her back, doesn't really have to be compassion for her (Kagome). It could be for Rin or the child. If that helps any.

These are just my thoughts. You don't have to use it. I will not be offended. This is your story. Do whatever feels comfortable for you.

Logged Logged

Calypso
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:story help.... 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 7
I agree with soulNchantress, and Sesshoumaru should treat her like dirt.

Logged Logged

Join the Around the World Challenge! You can find it in the forums ^^

I claimed the Sesshoumaru STRUT in the claim game!
Aura Depths
Pup
graphgraph
Re:story help.... 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 15
You've already gotten some great feedback. Personally, I believe he was justified (as he sees it) initially for his rage, but if he were to express anger again instead of the cold mask he is so comfortable with, it would be him expressing to Kagome that she has the power to incite such feelings in him, and that, for a tactical enemy at least, is the first step to handing over victory, which Sesshomaru would never do. I can easily see him being cold toward her, calm yet deadly, and poor Kagome dealing with the malicious vibe of imminent death should she fail in finding a goat to nurse the baby on, LOL. I don't think he'd lose his temper again, unless it was for a pivoting point in his character. He can overlook his emotions once, but if he loses himself again I'd say you have a good opportunity for character development.

In general, this recommendation is how Sesshomaru is always handled, and it is why he is different in every story. It's because he changes depending on the circumstances. Just jot down where you want to take the story, what event you have planned, and stop writing for a minute. I usually would sit around and listen to a song I felt was fitting for the mood when I was a beginning writer, and thought of words to associate with the character's feelings depending on the situation, even if they're simple, then associating words with those, and making thought chains out of the material. Now, I do it in my head, but initially I wrote it down so that I didn't forget and could go back and use the material for later.

If it helps, here's an example:

Step 1- Bring Kagome back for Rin's sake.

Step 2- He feels: angry, spiteful, pain and remorse, cheated, unjustified, forced into action.

Step 3-
Angry, for how things played out, for Kagome's failure, for not being there, angry at her and perhaps at himself.
Spiteful, she should remain dead for her sins, but damn it just is not that simple, he has to do this for the child, the only thing he has left of Rin, but perhaps not for free, no, he can get back at her for this.
Pain and Remorse, she died, why was she taken away so early, so young, and left to abandon her first and only child, why did she leave him, why can fate be so cruel, why, why, why?
Cheated, it was not supposed to be like this, never, there is so much left to do, so much she did not get to experience, so much she had to leave behind.
Unjustified, the miko deserves what she got, and should remain dead, for Rin's sake, for the sake of justice, but now she needs to be alive, this is absolutely terrible, what the hell.
Forced into action, I have to do this, for the sake of Rin's child, but it is going against my own desires and will, it is not what I wish for but it must be done, how aggravating, how terrible, she should remain dead, so perhaps making her life a living hell will be appropriate.

Step 4- Let your creative juices flow. Sesshomaru's character will change and develop depending on which or how many paths you take him down, and in the end you will own your very own version of him. ^_^ It's a special feeling.

Best of luck to you!

~AD

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/14 07:13 By Aura Depths.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.