Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Posting for Weekly Perfection Help
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Posting for Weekly Perfection Help
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Posting for Weekly Perfection Help 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 4
Okay, I don't know if this the right place to put this questions, but I'm going to ask:

I've never posted much of anything on LiveJournal, so I'm trying to figure out how to post an entry for the Weekly Perfection prompts. I see how everyone has links at the bottom of their posting to connect to the entry. Does anyone know how to post to the community or am I making this more difficult than it really is?

Please help,
Thanks.

- CA

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
forthright
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Posting for Weekly Perfection Help 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 32
Hiya! I'm the moderator over at dokuga_contest, so let's see if we can't get you sorted! First of all, you'll need a Live Journal account. If you've already made that step, then I'd just encourage you to read the contest guidelines found on the community's profile page... which covers all the 'rules' for our Weekly Perfection contests.

community.livejournal.com/dokuga_contest/profile

Lastly, I'm going to point you to a tutorial that Priestess Skye recently made. It goes through the steps for posting to a LJ community.

dokuga.com/gallery?func=detail&id=1389

That should get you going in the right direction.

~forthright

Logged Logged
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Posting for Weekly Perfection Help 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 4
Thanks, forthright. I'm going to read over the tutorial. I've already got an LJ account - haven't used it in awhile, but I still frequent it enough.

My main issue is with the LJ-cut. I've typed in the html for it and tried the Rich Text version, but whenever I click 'Preview', I can still see the entry. Oh well, I'll see if that's just how the site is set up or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you though.

- CA

Logged Logged

forthright
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Posting for Weekly Perfection Help 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 32
I suspect that when you're hitting 'preview', you're getting a view of the whole post (as if you'd clicked on the cut to see the full entry). Go ahead and post to the community. If there's a glitch, you can simply tweak it using the 'edit' feature. You'll get the hang of it! Practice makes perfect! ::wink::

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.