Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Starting the Plot Help
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 2
TOPIC: Starting the Plot Help
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Starting the Plot Help 7 Years ago Karma: 156
Have you considered setting the fic after the canon?

Naraku is defeated, Kagome returns to Feudal era and to Inuyasha and they give it a good a try but the relationship just doesn't pan out in the long run? And in a post-canon setting, I think it could be plausible for Sesshoumaru and Kagome to have some rapport with one another, having been together during the fight against Naraku. Also with Sesshoumaru visiting Rin in Edo I'd imagine they'd see each other regularly.

Granted I don't read that many fics these days, but I don't think there are too many post-canon fics out there, especially chapter fics.

But in any case, I don't want you to be too stressed about being original. I get why this is a big concern to a lot of people - myself included. But as someone who's been writing for this fandom for ten years -- there are only so many ideas in the world. And you know what? In my experience, fans don't usually even mind similar trends or themes or tropes cropping up.

The point is, don't get too hung up on having a big, unique original idea. Those are great, but also very hard to come by. And at the end of the day, it's not what you do, it's how you do it. The story might resemble another one by the chosen setting and tropes and still be 100% your own. Because it's your perspective and your own spin on everything.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
thesesskagrevivalproject
Whelp
graphgraph
Starting the Plot Help 7 Years ago Karma: 7
I am currently in thoughts of starting my first major fanfic, but I am having trouble with a detail.

I'm in need of an idea that hasn't been used to hell in order to get Kagome and Sesshomaru together. I'm not too fond of belittling InuYasha and it seems a major trend for fics are either he's A] Abusive, or B] an idiot that keeps going after Kikyo. I have faith that he wouldn't be completely stupid and keep doing that to her, but I want something where Kagome moves on and realises that she's just... not that into him as originally thought. I am not belittling fics that use those methods, but I'm just looking for something new. I'm open to her being separated from the InuTachi and somehow coming to travel with Sesshomaru, but again, given the plot of the canon story itself, it wouldn't take very long for them to catch up to her, and it seems Sesshomaru would just dump her just after that anyways.

I would give you full credit for the plot bunny/prompt, of course.

Thank you.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/03/30 04:01 By Puritysan.

thesesskagrevivalproject.tumblr.com

JOIN THE DISCORD, YA KNOW YOU WANNA

BETA FOR HIRE: will read anything, but loves slowburn, fluff and naughty. HIRE MEEE!!
l'-'jj
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Starting the Plot Help 7 Years ago Karma: 6
There's definitely what Chie said, or you could just have an alternate universe setting. But if that is not the way you wanted to go, I have a little plot bunny for you:
Kagome faces a series of unfortunate events, the beginning of which is being separated from the group and somehow ends up with Sesshoumaru, and stays with him because a little girl asks him (Can Rin keep her, Sesshoumaru-sama?)
As for Inu and company? Well, of course they find her, but that's a shapeshifter...
If you fancy this little idea of mine, pm me for more details.

Logged Logged
thesesskagrevivalproject
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Starting the Plot Help 7 Years ago Karma: 7
Thank you Chie, that was very enlightening.
I did consider post-Naraku, yes.
I did also consider Future!Sesshomaru.
Still debating on that.

But I'm glad people don't mind reoccurring plot tropes and what not. It's a comforting thought.

And thank you for the plot bunny! I will think about that one.

Logged Logged

BETA FOR HIRE: will read anything, but loves slowburn, fluff and naughty. HIRE MEEE!!
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Starting the Plot Help 7 Years ago Karma: 38
Purity~
What abouuuut...

The well has closed and the promise between Inuyasha and Kagome has become a reality. Their courtship is a series of rough events that leads Kagome to believe that maybe, her tender young heart that had been set on Inuyasha has actually moved on. Older, more mature, she decides that it's best that she discover what life is to be a wandering priestess in Feudal Japan. In her adventures, stories spread of a kind priestess friend to man and demon alike. It was on one of many days of travel that she comes across one wandering lord and driven by loneliness and maybe a dash of curiosity that she makes the decision to befriend the great Dog of the West. (In this scenario, personally, I would use that has a hlaf-demon, Inuyasha is aging slower, still in the same mentality as she when she met him and as human Kagome is maturing at a faster rate then he is)

If you decide not to use it lemme know o_o; it's a plannie I can run with lolol

Also, Chie. Gimme them words of encouragement, darling. Believe me, I need them

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/03/30 17:23 By Kagome Yuki Niwa.

thesesskagrevivalproject
Whelp
graphgraph
Kagome Yuki Niwa wrote:
Purity~
What abouuuut...

The well has closed and the promise between Inuyasha and Kagome has become a reality. Their courtship is a series of rough events that leads Kagome to believe that maybe, her tender young heart that had been set on Inuyasha has actually moved on. Older, more mature, she decides that it's best that she discover what life is to be a wandering priestess in Feudal Japan. In her adventures, stories spread of a kind priestess friend to man and demon alike. It was on one of many days of travel that she comes across one wandering lord and driven by loneliness and maybe a dash of curiosity that she makes the decision to befriend the great Dog of the West. (In this scenario, personally, I would use that has a hlaf-demon, Inuyasha is aging slower, still in the same mentality as she when she met him and as human Kagome is maturing at a faster rate then he is)

If you decide not to use it lemme know o_o; it's a plannie I can run with lolol

omg i love it! That's like literally perfect.
Though, I think I would tweak it to where the well hasn't closed on them. I think I'll use that as a conflict later.
this was a beautiful plot.

Logged Logged

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Kagome Yuki Niwa wrote:

Don't we all, Niwa? -cracks her knuckles- Okay, here goes nothing....

Breathe in. Breathe out. You can do this. Ignore the haters, and don't let fear stop you.

Stick to your vision, because you're the only one who can write the story the way YOU want it.

(Also here are some wise words from others that happened on my Tumblr dashboard this morning regarding originality of ideas )

Logged Logged
thesesskagrevivalproject
Whelp
graphgraph
yum, cake!

Logged Logged

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Exactly.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.