Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Needing Some Help
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Needing Some Help
House_Of_Eternal_Moon
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Needing Some Help 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
I'm not sure if this is the right thread, and if it's not let me know and I'll move it, but recently I've been burned out on life, and found solace in once again reading Sesshomaru and Kagome threads, and it inspired me to go back to my own work and start on it once again. But I'm finding some trouble.

My first huge story on here, I've decided to overhaul and create new, but now that I've done that, I'm feeling the urge just to delete it and start all over again, but it's because I don't know what to quite do anymore, and I don't have a muse or a plot bunny, I just know I was so unsatisfied with how it had been going that I wanted to change it, and now I'm just stuck.

Should I continue to try down this beaten path, or give up and see where my creative muse takes me and start something completely new?

Logged Logged

I claimed Kanna\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Mirror in the Claim Game ****Image under rework****
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sesshomarusama33
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Needing Some Help 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 16
NEVER DELETE! I regret deleting my first story on FF.net, and it's haunted me to this day.
If you want to create new, why not rewrite your story? You can always change what you write, and there are always new readers who are more than happy to read them. Create a new story, but don't delete your old one.

House_Of_Eternal_Moon wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right thread, and if it's not let me know and I'll move it, but recently I've been burned out on life, and found solace in once again reading Sesshomaru and Kagome threads, and it inspired me to go back to my own work and start on it once again. But I'm finding some trouble.

My first huge story on here, I've decided to overhaul and create new, but now that I've done that, I'm feeling the urge just to delete it and start all over again, but it's because I don't know what to quite do anymore, and I don't have a muse or a plot bunny, I just know I was so unsatisfied with how it had been going that I wanted to change it, and now I'm just stuck.

Should I continue to try down this beaten path, or give up and see where my creative muse takes me and start something completely new?

Logged Logged

None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Needing Some Help 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 57
My advice.

Just do what's best for you.

Keeping an old story around can do one of two things.

Be a weight around your neck, OR, be a record of how you used to write in the past, a comparative resource to how you write now.

You could leave it up for that reason or delete it if you want too.

I try not to get too attached to what I write for that very reason. Everything has its summer and its season. You can re-read and rewrite or write something else. Don't get too bogged down in it. If you want to write something new go for it. If you want to rewrite than do that. It's really up to you.

There is no wrong or right answer.

Either way is fine.

Just have faith in yourself.

You'll figure it out.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/12/08 04:34 By Pyre.
House_Of_Eternal_Moon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Needing Some Help 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
Thank you both, so much for your words of wisdom and advice. It has helped more than you can know. I may continue to try to rewrite, but go with something new as well, allow my wings to soar so to speak, and try to not let it weigh me down.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kanna\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Mirror in the Claim Game ****Image under rework****
Omyouji
Pup
graphgraph
I actually went through the exact same thing before I made an account on dokuga a few months ago. I had an old story that was very popular on FF.net, but I thought it was horrendous. Jam packed with grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, plot holes and I overall didn't like where I went with it. I left it up though, because I realized that while I'm unhappy with it, there still might be someone who enjoys it.

Instead, since I still liked the story's basic plot line and wanted to just take it to a totally different direction that was more appealing, I rewrote it under a different name. Also, totally recommend doing a plot map before writing, I did for the first time and even when I lost inspiration, I was able to jump right back on and just add more since I had already fleshed it out.

Anyway, long story short, I recommend you leave it up for others to enjoy, and if you really want to fix the outcome of the story, rewrite it under a different name

Best of luck to you!

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Needing Some Help 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Omyouji wrote:
Anyway, long story short, I recommend you leave it up for others to enjoy, and if you really want to fix the outcome of the story, rewrite it under a different name

I would strongly suggest against rewriting under a different name unless you make it perfectly clear that you are the original author as well. If you post two versions of the same story under different names, you're leaving yourself open to a whole lot of plagiarism accusations... and headaches for Admins when they have to run that stuff down. Especially on this site, we take plagiarism very seriously and, when found, both the story and the plagiarist are forever banned from the site.

Just a friendly caution to be very careful when rewriting under different names!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

House_Of_Eternal_Moon
Pup
graphgraph
I've gone with the avenue of rewriting under the same name, and stating such. I've kept all my old chapters.

If I were to ever delete, I will more than likely nver repost, as I know how awful dealing with plagiarism can be.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.