Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Searching for phrases
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Searching for phrases
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Searching for phrases 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 57
CritterWhisperer wrote:
I don't think the search engine on Dokuga will find phrases within the stories themselves. Other fanfic sites might offer that ability. If you're just trying to find any fanfic on any site that may contain a specific phrase, then putting the phrase inside quotations in any search engine (Google, Bing, etc) will ensure that you get results that contain it. However, you will want to add more keywords(such as Seshoumaru, Kagome) outside of the quotations to help narrow down your results to things that will likely be fanfictions.

Tested all three scenarios. Dokuga's search engine only searches the story name, author, and summary but not for quotes inside the story itself. That you can only search for here if you have the story open and are actively viewing it. You can search for phrases from the stories on Google, and it will, provided you have a comprehensive enough phrase to search, find the story you're looking for. I would suggest using most of a paragraph rather than one sentence.

It should make your chances of success better.

~ Pyre

P.S: Trying to figure out how Dokuga keeps posting your replies at the top of forum posts... >.>... still confusing.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/25 02:24 By Pyre.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ana
Pup
graphgraph
Searching for phrases 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi. I wanted to know if I can search for an specific phrase in fics? I want to read fics where Sesshoumaru calls Kagome "little one". Is there a way to search for that phrase?

Logged Logged
bookgirl813
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Searching for phrases 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 76
I know in Safari, I can hit CTRL + F to "Find" a word or phrase in the current page I'm viewing. I'm not sure if any of the other browsers out there have that as an option.

Logged Logged
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Searching for phrases 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 47
I don't think the search engine on Dokuga will find phrases within the stories themselves. Other fanfic sites might offer that ability. If you're just trying to find any fanfic on any site that may contain a specific phrase, then putting the phrase inside quotations in any search engine (Google, Bing, etc) will ensure that you get results that contain it. However, you will want to add more keywords(such as Seshoumaru, Kagome) outside of the quotations to help narrow down your results to things that will likely be fanfictions.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Ana
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Searching for phrases 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you very much everyone! I will follow your advices

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.