Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Doujinshi Collaboration!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Doujinshi Collaboration!!
Lucy Morningstar
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Doujinshi Collaboration!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 8
Yosh minna-san! Do you have an impressive art portfolio but suck when it comes to writing a comic? Or perhaps you rock at creating storyboards but lack other skills to make it possible? I need a discliplined artist/editor/writer who can materialize my story ideas. I'm looking for someone who is able to understand and emulate my art style and expression, and accord to the storyline. Petty preferences include someone who can draw ala 90s manga style (think Yuu Watase) and a writer who reads works by Neil Gaiman and Haruki Murakami. However all of this is negotiable.

Currently I have two SessKag comic projects in mind--a comedy and an angsty drama. Tell me which you are more comfortable to work with.

The Comedy (Hanako Express)
The comedy deals with an amnesia-stricken Sesshoumaru and involves him in drag. I understand these themes may sound out-of-character and ridiculous, disturbing even. That is why I need someone who can pull it off not only convincingly, but with a touch of surreal nonchalance. When it comes to comedy I am more inclined towards visual slapstick humour, rather than the sarcastic verbal abuse you tend to see in today's comics.

Plot Summary
Warning: Spoiler!

The Emo Drama (The Passage of Time)
The title is a direct translation of a song by 70s Japanese pop singer Kenji Sawada (otherwise called Toki no Sugiyuku Mamani). It follows the unlikely romantic relationship between Sesshomaru and Kagome through time. This story carries a dark sombre tone to it and explores the human fickleness, from Sesshoumaru's point of view. Throughout the story, he is portrayed with a beautiful face, almost mask-like and expressionless, but nevertheless unchanging.
NOTE: Kagome's face is not shown at all, save for her teasing smile. This story contain hints of sexual scenes.

Plot Summary
Warning: Spoiler!

I do not need a writer for this one as I have already written the script. I don't mind an editor though.

All in all, I don't want to be perceived as talking so much. Please drop me an email at dawnnite_7@hotmail.com or PM me or whatever. I love anyone who can pitch in to help.

Adios!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/02/10 03:44 By Lucy Morningstar.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Yoruzuki
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Doujinshi Collaboration!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
I'd be willing to try one or both of them, provided you approve of my particular art style. If not, I understand.

But I will freely admit that I am terrible when it comes to writing ideas for doujin. (T^T)

Logged Logged

Yoruzuki claims the position of Master Visual Kei Bassist, with the tool of Noiz-kun the Bass Guitar of Pure Awesome.

Takumi ni hito toshite gisou shite iru.

Lucy Morningstar
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Doujinshi Collaboration!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 8
Hi Yoruzuki. Thank you for your interest! I'll be sending you an PM soon to enquire on your capabilities. LOL. You don't have to write if you can't.

Logged Logged
Naomi
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Doujinshi Collaboration!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 12
Wah! So interesting!!! Drat, Yoru beat me to it =D

Good luck you guys!

Logged Logged

Lucy Morningstar
Pup
graphgraph
Hey Naomi, cmon if you want to help, the application dateline is still open!! Do not be intimidated by Yoru!! Haha! I'm not going to make such a quick decision.

Logged Logged
Naomi
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Doujinshi Collaboration!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 12
=D Alrite then! I want to help out as well! I like drawing a lot XP please consider me!

Logged Logged

Lucy Morningstar
Pup
graphgraph
Okay Naomi, watch out for my interrogation PM.

For the others, please do not get intimidated by the greatness that is Naomi and Yoru. APPLICATION DATELINE IS STILL OPEN TIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.