Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Need some help...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Need some help...
Sakura-Chan
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Need some help... 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
So, I'm trying my hand at coloring, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it. I've tried following some of the tutorials, but they arent in-depth enough. I guess I'm asking for like a guide to how to do some of the cool things with Photo Shop. Anybody have any good suggestions, or a guide or something?

Logged Logged

``Some people are like slinkies; really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to you`re face when you push them down a flight of stairs.``

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Need some help... 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 57
It can be difficult to find some really good tutorials in CG colouring. Although experimenting is the best with different software, it's good to know some of the ins and outs in using them. Can give you some advice on colouring with Photoshop, though it depends sometimes on what version you have available, in order to make use of some features, as more streamlined basic versions won't have the addons in others. It also depends on what type of colouring you intend to do using software like Photoshop.

To do that its good to have an idea of how the layering techniqies in Photoshop work. Examples in a detailed tutorial are best to work with. Elfwood for example has an extensive range of online tutorials for various art media, and this one is exceptionally good at giving some pointers on using Photoshop to colour a pencil-shaded drawing, using layering techniques, paint brushes, and shading.

It might help point you in the right direction.

Tutorial on colouring pencil drawings in Photoshop

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/08/29 17:35 By Pyre.
Electric
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need some help... 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 6
I've had many years of experience with photoshop and colouring, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me

Here's some of my favourite deviantART colouring tutorails:
phobs.deviantart.com/art/Coloring-tutorial-166821497
prodigybombay.deviantart.com/art/Coloring-Tutorial-121198672
gabzillaz.deviantart.com/art/Coloring-tutorial-134393748 <- a nice simple cel-shade one

Logged Logged

a kiss with a fist is better than none
Sakura-Chan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need some help... 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
Thanks for your help you guys!!! I really appreciate it

Logged Logged

``Some people are like slinkies; really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to you`re face when you push them down a flight of stairs.``

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.