Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Writers Block
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Writers Block
alanna
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Writers Block 11 Years ago Karma: 0
I have a serious case of writers block and was wondering if anybody has ideas as to what to do about such a problem. Any advice will help me try to get back to my latest story I am working on.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Molkat
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Writers Block 11 Years ago Karma: 0
What kind of story are you working on?

Logged Logged
Sy Sheer
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Writers Block 11 Years ago Karma: 3
The biggest tip that I have in my arsenal that I can give you would to not get stuck in the mindset of what has to happen next must be written before what happens later. When I hit wb I find that writing an event that happens later will give me ideas of how to get there. But most of all, just have fun. If you don't enjoy writing it, it'll an empty pleasure people enjoy it without you.

Write lots, have fun, be respectful.
~SySheer

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Writers Block 11 Years ago Karma: 76
The only thing I can say is just write, to me, and most of the people I know there is no real way to get over it other then to just do it. You can always change it later when you have the ideas flowing again if you don't really like it right away.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/03/11 13:37 By Knight of Disorder. Reason: Error

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Writers Block 11 Years ago Karma: 57
Don't force it, you'll just drive yourself in circles like a mouse on a wheel. If you can't write because the creativity isn't flowing for one ficlet I would suggest setting it aside. I do this regularly whether I write or draw. It might take me longer to complete a ficlet or drawing piece but eventually a couple days later or even a week later I feel refreshed enough to tackle the piece again. You also have to be patient enough to let your brain breathe, you might just have a lot of other RL stuff on your mind that's blocking your writing juices. You could also be bored with your genre I like have been for a while with Inuyasha-verse, so I've written original stuff or written in another fandom and found that presto, I can write again.

Just give it a rest for a little bit is the best advice I can give. Making your brain do cartwheels when its not setting in gear to be helpfully creative will just make you cranky and annoyed 'cause you can't think of stuff to write. It happens to the best of us. Rest, a break, or just a good night's sleep can work wonders in your flagging creativity. Again don't try to force or rush writing, that will most definitely just add to your Writer's Block not alleviate it.

~ Pyre

P.S Stress is not good for the health btw, take a break, go for a walk, kick back and watch a movie. You'll feel better about it. I promise.

Logged Logged
SonofZhon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Writers Block 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
A while ago I hit writers block with Legacy of Hate and pretty much gave up on it. However, it kept kicking around in the back of my head and I decided that even if I didn't know the middle of the story exactly I knew how the ending would be so I wrote that. Eventually I filled in the middle.

Sometimes you just write the parts that you can see and come back for the rest.

Logged Logged
Kessa
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Writers Block 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 8
Re-reading the material you've already written helps sometimes. It helps you remember the plot you were going with and may stir up some ideas to go with for down the line. Other than that, I agree with the others, take a break, don't force yourself, it usually only makes it worse.

Logged Logged

There is a darker side in all of us that needs to be appeased...
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.