Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Podfics
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Podfics
KD Heart
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Podfics 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
I'm not really sure if this should go under Recommendations or Self Promotion... maybe a bit of both, so I'll post it here to be safe.

I've been into podfic (that's audio versions of fan fic, just to be clear - there's a bunch of names used for it, depending on where you find it first)for a while now and couldn't help but notice that Inuyasha is barely present in the medium. The only ones I know of happen to be of Sesshoumaru/Kagome fics, so I'll go ahead and link them here.

The first one I came across is an audio version of Resmiranda's 'Tales from the House of the Moon'. You can find it on youtube here. It's not finished yet - the reader only made it to chapter 6 so far, but I'm hoping she won't give up on it. I don't think I need to go on about how awesome the story is. Just go listen to it and give the reader some love, encourage her to finish the project

The second one happens to be a podfic of one of my own stories, 'Strangers in a Teashop' read by tinypinkmouse. You can find it on Archive of Our Own. It's short and a bit sad and might have been subconsciously inspired by Resmiranda's works.

And the third is again a podfic of one of Resmiranda's stories, 'Making the most of Purgatory' and it's read by me. You can find it on Archive of Our Own. I apologize for the hissing in the background, but I was still a bit awkward with the sound editing.

I hope someone else finds this interesting and if anyone else knows of other Sesshoumaru/Kagome podfics out there, please leave a link and a recommendation here.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/10/12 07:58 By KitsuneDragonheartLove.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Podfics 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 38
I actually like the idea of that - I really want to try it with one of my stories; I didn't think anyone really listened to those!(:

Logged Logged

The Norrington
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Podfics 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
I'm pretty interested in this, too. I think it would be fun. It'd be cool if you could make mp3s of a story and take with you to listen in the car, and some such. I know I would listen to a forthright story in a swift minute.

I wonder if any one would listen to any of my stories, haha.

Logged Logged

KD Heart
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Podfics 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
Well, it goes without saying that I'd be interested in hearing more podfics from this fandom

Here's a site where you can find podfics for various shows. And you should definitly check out amplificathon.dreamwidth.org/ and amplificathon.livejournal.com/ to learn more.

As for me, I got permission to record 'Beside You in Time' by RosieB. I've been putting it off for months because I felt like I needed some more practice so I could do it justice. I'll start posting that as I record and edit.

Logged Logged
FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Podfics 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 24
I've heard of this before and it's actually something I would like to do. I love reading aloud to my friends and husband. It sounds really fun.

Logged Logged
Hedda
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Podfics 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 12
*wipes the tears from her eyes*

I just imagined my already awful stories read by me to the audience. My wicked German accent would install fear in these poor hearts and it would ruin the stories for good. XD

I am a good reader, though. Unfortunately only in German and who would listen to that? German is so unmelodic, it is almost funny.

I'd love to listen to stories though. It liven up my sport sessions.

Logged Logged

KD Heart
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Podfics 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Finally started posting the podfic for RosieB's 'Beside You in Time'. You can find it over on AO3, DW and LJ

I'll be posting a chapter every month and keeping my fingers crossed I won't catch up with the written version before it's finished.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.