Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
RULES... We haz them!!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: RULES... We haz them!!!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
RULES... We haz them!!! 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Please, people, pretty please, READ OUR RULES before posting your stories.

I am primarily in charge of monitoring the submissions to make sure that our rules are being followed. As of now, I have over FOUR PAGES of stories about which I have had to (or still have yet to) warn authors about rules violations. This is getting a little extreme; especially since, up until December, I wasn't having to issue warnings but on a weekly basis. Now, I have to print out a whole new page of authors to be warned at least TWICE a week.

Our most common rule violations are:

Excessive author's notes: I know it's hard, but PLEASE keep your author's notes under the 300 word limit per chapter. In the past TWO days, there have been no fewer than FOUR chapters posted with excessive author's notes.

Review demands: I, quite frankly, don't care how you phrase it... if you are going to demand reviews, set a specific number on reviews, threaten to withhold updates until you get reviews, imply that you won't continue your story without reviews... it's all the same to me. Don't even JOKE about it. Meaning, of course, that you will receive a warning regarding it. In the past week, I've run across that FOUR times.

Lack of rating or category: Ratings and category designations are MANDATORY. That means, you cannot post here without them. If you do, you will be warned.

Chapter Stories with less than 700 words per chapter: You MUST have at least 700 words of STORY, not story and author's notes, per chapter. I average the stories I run across that already have multiple chapters posted. I will warn you on the first chapter if I run across it before you post more.

Again, these are our most common violations, aside from minors reading and writing stories rated above what they should be reading or writing. We have ways of finding out if you're not old enough to be viewing or writing this material, so it is best not to try to get away with it. Just stick to the stories rated in your age group and we'll all be happy. If not, you will be warned ONCE. A second violation of the ratings will get you banned.

Please, help make my unpaid, volunteer position run a little smoother by reading our rules CAREFULLY before you post here. You can find the rules by clicking the "Rules" link at the bottom of any page on the site, or here:

Dokuga Rules

Thank you in advance for your assistance!!!

~~Wiccan~~
PS - In case you still haven't read the rules, once you have been warned about a violation, you usually have SEVEN days to fix it. If you don't, your story gets deleted. I don't like deleting stories that people have worked so hard to write and post, so PLEASE be sure to check your Private Messages regularly and PLEASE follow the rules!!

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.