Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Story Idea - Am I Crazy?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Story Idea - Am I Crazy?
Viera
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Story Idea - Am I Crazy? 3 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I recently (about a month ago) had a dream and started writing a Kag/Sess story inspired by it. When I tried to imagine any other characters in the midst of this story, I just couldn't. So, here I am, storyboards done and many chapters written...and I can't help but wonder if I should post this or not.

Part of me worries that many won't appreciate it at all. It's very AU (especially since it was partially inspired by a Chinese folk tale I read about). I have used as many characters as I have been able to from the original Inuyasha story, filling in the gaps here and there with OC's. Naturally, I have bent the story to involve as many elements from the Inuyasha universe as possible also, but with a heavy twist.

This will be a LONG story, a slow burn, and a very real and painful love triangle with boatloads of tangled up crazy drama mixed into intrigue, mystery, and action. The story itself takes place over 3 "lifetimes" where characters undergo a lot of growth and change.

So, I thought I would write this post and see if there was interest in reading. If not, I simply won't post anything and will continue writing this for myself. It's not a typical fanfiction at all, but it is a tale I wanted to tell.

Overview (hopefully avoiding too many spoilers):

Lifetime 1:

-Kagome Higurashi is the eldest daughter of the Higurashi fox demon clan, a family which has been all but driven to extinction due to humans and demons hunting them for their tails, which contain a vast amount of special powers and properties. Their home was once the Thousand Mile Sakura Forest, a realm of magic and illusion. However, after a raid by the wolf demons of the South, the Higurashi Clan was forced to flee for their lives and hide in the shadows for centuries.

-Inu Taisho, recognizing their power and wishing to unite the lands and demon clans under a single ruler, approaches them and offers them an alliance. Kagome's mother, the fox Empress, agrees to a union between her daughter and the eldest Taisho, Sesshoumaru. There is one condition: Sesshoumaru must agree to train a disciple as a warrior in the hidden battle arts of the West. This disciple will become the private guard of the future Empress, Kagome. Inu Taisho agrees.

-In secret, Kagome's mother charges her with a task. Disguised as one of the nobility of the fox clan, she will approach Sesshoumaru in his secluded warrior sanctuary in the mountains of the West and ask to be this disciple (disguised as a man because women are not allowed there).
As she learns to fight and protect herself and her people, she will observe the demon lord's son and see what kind of man he is. Using this knowledge, the fox clan will either go through with the marriage or will decline and break it off.

-Kagome agrees, hoping to find evidence that the West is trying to deceive the fox clan.

-Though Kagome's magic should be foolproof, Sesshoumaru sees through her disguise instantly and knows she is a woman (but he doesn't say anything so Kagome has no idea he knows).

-But, when she becomes Sesshoumaru's disciple (going by the false name of Mido) and spends time by his side, she falls hopelessly in love with him. They grow closer, but Kagome knows that he will never return her love. Though their bond is deep, he is not interested in love...only in duty...not to mention, she is convinced he still believes her to be a man.

-It is here in the warrior's sanctuary that she meets Inuyasha and becomes very close friends with him. Sesshoumaru shows some odd behavior in response to their closeness that Kagome dismisses as part of his dislike for his estranged brother. Some events take place which lead Inuyasha to discovering Kagome's secret and at least a part of her true identity. He falls in love with her, and when he confesses, Kagome doesn't know how to react.

Around this time, many of the dark occurences in the story are revealed to be caused by a terrible evil named Magatsuhi, a demon that has grown so powerful he can hardly be stopped. But of course, Inu Taisho, Sesshoumaru, and Inuyasha want to try. Kagome is terrified for the man she loves and the man she sees as her closest friend. She commits to going into battle with them despite her family's protest.

In battle, things take a tragic turn and Sesshoumaru is almost killed in the attempt to destroy Magatsuhi. He slumbers and the chances of him waking are almost non existent for it seems that his soul has been broken.

Kagome is beyond devastated. As Mido, she fakes her death in battle, abandoning her family, traditions, everything to steal Sesshoumaru's body from its tomb. Using a ritual long forbidden in her Clan, she feeds Sesshoumaru blood from her own heart to keep him barely alive. Hiding deep within the Thousand Mile Sakura Forest, she continues to feed him her essence until her family discover her there by accident.

Having been isolated from the world for over 100 years, she has no idea that Magatsuhi is about to break the seal Sesshoumaru gave his life to put in place. Determined not to let his sacrifice be in vain and having no reason to live without him, Kagome goes to fight Magatsuhi herself.

In the process of fighting him, he merges with her soul. In an effort to imprison him, she sections off a part of her essence and inadverdently creates the Shikon no Tama. In the process, she makes the first wish which sets the wheel of fate to turning. She wishes that she had another chance to meet Sesshoumaru, to fall in love with him, and to have his love in return. The wish backfires, as it always does with the Shikon.

Kagome's immortality, her very demonic blood, is stripped from her along with all of her memories and the knowledge of her existence in the world. Her family forgets her. The world forgets her. She vanishes, as does Sesshoumaru's body.

Lifetime 2:

Sesshoumaru awakens in unfamiliar lands. He is in the form of a dog like creature resembling a large wolf. He tries to change back to his humanoid form, but is unable to. He has memory of sealing away Magatsuhi, but struggles to remember much else. Injured, he stumbles through the wood until he comes across a small hut.

A young girl lives there with long black hair and beautiful blue eyes. Though he resents humans and wants nothing to do with them, he has no choice but to let her care for him in the form of an animal since his injuries are grave.

There is more, but I don't want to spoil it since this is where I am right now in the writing. Let's just say...this is where things get really heated and intense for this tragic couple. Will they reach their happy ending? Or will they be destined to be torn apart?

You'll have to read to find out. The characters are still telling me their stories, so I have no idea either. This truly is an incredible adventure.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Natalia
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Story Idea - Am I Crazy? 3 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 66
Hand raised! Me! I want to read this so please post it! It does sound like a very interesting adventure that can even be tied to the Canon!
So courage dear author! Thx in advance!

Logged Logged
Viera
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Story Idea - Am I Crazy? 3 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you for replying! My heart hopes you are not the only one interested, but honestly even if you are, that's OK...I will make sure to post my writing

Logged Logged
Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Story Idea - Am I Crazy? 3 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 41
I always say, write for yourself. Put down in words the story that you want to tell. And as you go along, you will find other who will join you on your journey. Never feel ashamed to put your ideas and thoughts down in writing and share it with others. There will always be interest, no matter what! Go for it!!

Logged Logged
Viera
Pup
graphgraph
Thank you for these words of encouragement. I haven't posted any writing here yet or on FFnet, but I have been wanting to. I guess a part of me feels that if I don't get a lot of feedback, it's a sort of rejection, and I'm afraid of that.

Logged Logged
Viera
Pup
graphgraph
Just an update on my story! It looks like I am close to posting the first chapter soon. I am excited to bring this blend of Chinese and Japanese legend and Inuyasha to life. Many hours of research and toil have gone into this, so I hope the couple of people that have answered to my post enjoy the tale.

Logged Logged
Natalia
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Story Idea - Am I Crazy? 3 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 66
God, I don't remember who said it, "you can't be an author without being a reader." so I do agree with the opinions above. First of all write for yourself. Also it's granted that your story may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if it has a few readers that like it, including yourself, or yourself and a second person, I'd say it's already a success. I had the same problem with my writing. But I was pleasantly surprised that I like reading my own work and enjoying it. Obviously we all like reviews, but dokuga is such a safe and warm place that I feel like it's safe to post here.
On another note, as a history major and history nerd, I love authors that do research for their work so that it sounds logical and plausible. So you have another check in my list. Every book has its reader. So please don't be scared of posting. We dokuga will support you! Fighting!
Wishing you all the best! Stay safe and sound and take care of yourself.
Best regards,
Natalia

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.