Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
FanFiction Podcast?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: FanFiction Podcast?
Oki
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
FanFiction Podcast? 6 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
Ello you guys!

I'm currently an Animation major in college and while I'm bored out my skull half the time doing projects, I like listening to podcasts. I listen to a lot of reviews for the seasonal premiers of new and ongoing animes and cartoons (my major is geared more into cartooning) and it crossed my mind once someone mentioned on here they did podcasts (don't remember who). Whomever they are, or if anyone is interested with the means to do it, they should consider doing podcasts on fanfics here that comes out, or are finished here on Dokuga/fanfiction.net/AOW. Hell, I'd even listen to art/artist reviews too.

Just an idea, I would definitely listen to it everytime it comes out and its a great opportunity for some authors to promote theirselves. Beats listening to some other things.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/10/22 15:35 By Okinawa.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
TamashaToko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:FanFiction Podcast? 6 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 7
Someone totally should! I like to watch an episode of Game of Thrones or some other golden age television show and then when I write I listen to podcasts that recap them. I'd probably get into reading fanfiction again if there was a place to listen to discussion and provide feedback once I was done reading.

I think I said this in a pm with a reviewer not long ago but sometimes it's a shame that the only way an author can discuss the plot and things running through their heads with the scenes they right is in author's notes in replies to reviews instead of a better method like an almost commentary forum. Podcasts would be an even cooler avenue.

All that would honestly be needed is a skype recorder app and everyone to wear headphones when talking then a place to host it and it could be decent.

Logged Logged
Nu-u
Pup
graphgraph
Re:FanFiction Podcast? 5 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I wrote a thread not to long ago asking about this same topic. I have the equipment. I just stuck on what i should talk about. Im not an author. I just love to read. I could use the help on what people would like to hear.

Logged Logged

R.I.P Raven Wright beloved sister
Oki
Pup
graphgraph
Re:FanFiction Podcast? 5 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
I think that's still really good that you already have the equipment. Even without being an author, you should consider doing commentary starting off on your favorite fics. Talking about the summary, plot, and the highs and lows on the fic. I would love to listen to something like that. Maybe even go as far as to interview certain authors? Asking them pre-prepped questions about their inspiration and muse for that certain story!

Logged Logged

thesesskagrevivalproject
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:FanFiction Podcast? 5 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 7
*hackacough* Okiiii you're even IN my Discord.

That was part of the idea for the SessKag Revival Project.

On top of Pod Fics (which has been pasued at the moment, as college hast stolen our Sesshomaru away); but I was planning on a podcast as well, talking about fanfiction, art, etc.

BUt yeah,pretty sure it was me.

Logged Logged

thesesskagrevivalproject.tumblr.com

JOIN THE DISCORD, YA KNOW YOU WANNA

BETA FOR HIRE: will read anything, but loves slowburn, fluff and naughty. HIRE MEEE!!
Oki
Pup
graphgraph
Re:FanFiction Podcast? 5 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
I thought the discord's podcasts only read out current fanfics. I didn't know you guys had any on commentary. Either way, I shared the information about the discord and the link with Nu-u to get into contact and work to get things rolling.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2018/04/13 00:44 By Okinawa.

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.