Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Opinions regarding my chapter layouts
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Opinions regarding my chapter layouts
SuWan
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Opinions regarding my chapter layouts 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
In my story "Demon Animus", my first chapter is an excerpt. I was not entirely sure I wanted to continue the story, but I had a lot of support and kind words left behind. However. . . My currently issue is do I remove the excerpt entirely? Or should I edit that 'chapter' with an authors note stating it was once an excerpt and now that the story is written, to just continue onwards. I feel having the excerpt as my chapter 1 confuses people.

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"From this year on, you know the springtime, cherry tree...
I wish you would never know the scattering of your blossoms...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Ki no Tsurayuki (872-945)
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Opinions regarding my chapter layouts 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
Frankly, I was undecided about letting it stand as a chapter in the first place, since we don't allow "teaser" chapters here. I've spent the last couple days mulling it over, since it really doesn't belong as part of the story and could, under our rules, be considered a lengthy author's note type of thing.

I would be ever-so-happy if you would consider removing it, please?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

SuWan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Opinions regarding my chapter layouts 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Ah!! thank you! I was really unsure. I didn't know what to do hahaha.
I've removed the Excerpt chapter.~!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/10/01 14:07 By SuWan.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"From this year on, you know the springtime, cherry tree...
I wish you would never know the scattering of your blossoms...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Ki no Tsurayuki (872-945)
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Opinions regarding my chapter layouts 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
Thank you so much!

And, if you ever have questions, don't hesitate to contact me or another Admin. I have been really busy lately, so I'm behind on my messages, but I *will* get back to everyone eventually!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

SuWan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Opinions regarding my chapter layouts 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Ah thank you once again for your sweet and kind words. I shall definitely ask questions with little hesitance next time!

Logged Logged

Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Opinions regarding my chapter layouts 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 95
Oh~ I totally know what you mean SuWan! I had a prologue for my story "Kingdom Walls" and a lot of the readers were confused as to what it was. I put an authors note to say that it was a metaphor for the entire story. I stuck to keeping it because it was needed as references to some of the chapters and the end (kinda like a foreshadow). So if the excerpt is really important for the entire story...then I would say add an authors note.
Hope this helps

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.