Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Advice needed and question
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Advice needed and question
ScarlettLioness
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Advice needed and question 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
Yes I am working on my first Inuyasha Fic and I really didn't grow up reading the manga just seeing the anime when i could so I don't have the deep knowledge that others had. I mean had scene Kagome with brown eye's and it was Till I saw Fan art from DiviantArt and feel for The awesome Blue eye like she had in the manga .
K before i get ahead of my self here are my questions.

1. what are the proper names to refer to the demons is the series like wolf, dog excreta

2. how do you spell the different Chi or spirit energy ?

3.for the young boys do they wear kimonos or is it yatuka

I want to make things authentic has possible

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Advice needed and question 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 55
Glossary of Japanese Clothes- Inuyasha Characters

Correct words for spiritual energy

Aura Depths is pretty much the most awesome person to answer these questions

Logged Logged

MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Advice needed and question 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 29
Those links, cake provided you with will be a HUGE help.

I also wanted to let you know that all of us started somewhere. Some of us with a ton of knowledge while others just dived in, not knowing much more than what we had seen in a few episodes of the anime. Let yourself take time learning all of this info and don't be hard on yourself when you miss a detail or something. The members here are very helpful and are always happy to answer questions or guide you to a resource. After all... we have all been where you are at, and we've made all sorts of silly and not-so-silly mistakes. Most of us STILL do! I know I do! So good luck, and I look forward to reading your work.

Logged Logged
ScarlettLioness
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Advice needed and question 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
Oh wow thanks now i an really dive into my story thanks so much both of you

Logged Logged

Lionel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Advice needed and question 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
The last couple of paragraphs were quite helpful. Reading the article, I've realised that my problem is over-editing. I think this is because when I first started writing, I had no beta to look over my stories. So, out of habit, I would re-read sections of a half-completed writing to many times, worry too much about phrasing or plausibility of action/dialogue for a certain character.

For example, right now, I'm stuck on how to get the group from point A to B without being too abrupt and absurd. I don't want it to be a magic carpet ride where, PRESTO, they're there! But I don't want reach point B at sloth's pace for the sake of ensuring every minute little detail is covered and makes sense.

All in the name of balance I suppose...

Logged Logged
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Advice needed and question 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Ah, Lionel, I have that exact same problem, except not only would I read it as I went and change it over and over, I HAVE a beta, and I STILL look it over two or three more times before releasing it! I know how you feel!

And I definitely agree with MoxyMikki! I thought and thought and thought about releasing a story before I did, and when I did, it was with the understanding that I didn't even know how things went after the first like...five episodes! And yet still, the reviewers were awesome, and I did better than I ever hoped to. Don't give up hope~! Keep going, because your Dokugian comrades are gentler than you think!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.