Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
REVIEWS FROM MINORS ON M & MA works
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 2
TOPIC: REVIEWS FROM MINORS ON M & MA works
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
REVIEWS FROM MINORS ON M & MA works 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
****REVIEWS FROM MINORS TO BE REMOVED WHEN FOUND****

In recent weeks, I'm sure almost everyone with internet access has seen one story or another dealing with internet privacy and piracy laws or treaties. In yet another effort to protect Dokuga, we will need to tighten up policing the minors on the site.

To that end, I want to alert all authors of M and MA work, as well as artists with 18+ fanart, that we will be removing any reviews we find from minors on such adult materials. There is a VERY REAL possibility that Dokuga could be put in danger of being shut down should we not make every effort to limit minors' access to these materials.

Thus, if you suddenly notice that your review numbers have changed downward, this is the most likely reason for such a change.

If you have any questions regarding this change, please don't hesitate to contact an Administrator. I'm sure we all want to protect Dokuga so that it is here for our enjoyment for many years to come, right?

Thank you all for your kind understanding in this matter!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

The administrator has disabled public write access.
see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:REVIEWS FROM MINORS ON M & MA works 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 8
Is there a way for us, as the authors, to keep an eye out for minors reviewing our work as well?
I'm not sure how to tell if a user is a minor, but it isn't difficult for someone like me, with fewer reviews, to take a glance at the profiles of each reviewer and send them a message, if it turns out they're a minor.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:REVIEWS FROM MINORS ON M & MA works 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
see03 wrote:
Is there a way for us, as the authors, to keep an eye out for minors reviewing our work as well?
I'm not sure how to tell if a user is a minor, but it isn't difficult for someone like me, with fewer reviews, to take a glance at the profiles of each reviewer and send them a message, if it turns out they're a minor.

Wow, how did I miss this post??

I'm so sorry! Anyway, there really are very few ways for authors to know who's a minor or who isn't. Some recalcitrant minors, who have refused to provide us with their date of birth, have a warning to authors at the top of their profiles, stating that this member is a minor and to notify an Admin if they review your work.

The only other way is if the member has their age stated in their profile. Even so, you should always alert an Admin rather than confront the minor yourself, please? We'll take it from there as, for first-time offenders, they are given a warning. Once a minor has been warned, however, the second offense results in profile deletion. There are no third chances after that, not even when the minor comes of age.

Yes, we're harsh on that point, but we need to be. Minors accessing mature material put the whole site in jeopardy. The Admins have worked far too hard keeping it going, and Miss Kagura worked WAY too hard creating it, for that to happen. Currently, we are hosting the largest archive of single-pairing stories I know of anywhere on the web... and I don't want to see that disappear because a minor felt they just HAD to read works above their age-rating.

Thank you so much for checking on this and, again, I'm terribly sorry that I missed seeing it for so long!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.