Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
O.o Erm,,, Story Ratings Help?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: O.o Erm,,, Story Ratings Help?
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
O.o Erm,,, Story Ratings Help? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 57
Okay this might be a seriously silly question, but erm... I read through the rules for the ratings of K/K+/T/M and MA, and I understand the ghist of it, but er I'm not quite sure if I should re-rate my drabble collection to a 'T' or 'M'.

I don't use any explicit stuff in the fic, but in my newest drabble I do imply that Sesshy and Kagome have er... canoodled though there isn't any explicit description, but the implication is there.

It only appears in one paragraph really, but the theme is suggestive of adult situations. Er... here is the quote from the drabble in question 'Pink is Mortal' with the 'canoodlage' bit underlined.

“Give me a child, please Sesshoumaru!” she implored, tears springing anew. Time was his thorn, the inability to conceive her own. She had not (as Kaede had believed) lost her purification powers after their shared intimacies five years before. The night on a bed of furs, and silk, had been pleasurable but tragic. Her love’s seed, the precious essence of his loins had been purified deep within her womb (and every night since, the same).

Yeah I mention 'loins' and a 'womb' but no like socket A plug B stuff. I'm just not sure if I should re-rate to an 'M', so for now I've rerated the Drabble collection from a 'K' to a 'T', but I'm really not sure if I should change that to a higher rating.

Help?

Please? XD

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:O.o Erm,,, Story Ratings Help? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 39
While it's not graphic or incredibly descriptive, I would suggest to be on the safe side rate this as M. Mostly because it isn't really 'implied', implying would be hinting at it, but you are outright saying the 'act' happened, you're just doing it in a short, incredibly eloquent way .

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/12/30 18:22 By Freya Ishtar.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:O.o Erm,,, Story Ratings Help? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
I would say to go for M, not really something you'd want someone under 16 reading. While the wording isn't very detailed, beautifully described though, it does give enough to imply adult situations. And always better to have it be a bit higher rated than needed, rather than lower .

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:O.o Erm,,, Story Ratings Help? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 57
Awesome, thanks for the advice! ^__^ Presto changed over. M-rated, I just wasn't quite sure. Thanks again.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:O.o Erm,,, Story Ratings Help? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 277
Skye and I were just kicking this around...

Our thought was that it's a high T, low M, lol. Yes, it's something that most moms don't want their 13/14 yr olds reading, but it happens these days anyway. It does fall into the "minor" suggestive theme realm as opposed to the "strong but non-explicit" area, but *I* personally would have suggested M. Skye would have said T.

Still, since some of our more experienced authors offered up their opinions, I think you're safe by changing to the M. Thanks, both for asking and for taking their suggestions!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.