Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Grammar Tips (Not from me, but from a site)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Grammar Tips (Not from me, but from a site)
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Grammar Tips (Not from me, but from a site) 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 31
If you know, I have a lot of problems with commas. I'm comma obsessed! No matter how many times I go back and delete a bunch of them, my wonderful beta is still finding the need to delete more of them usually. >.< While I couldn't find something fun and easy to help me remember, I did find some things that are helpful for other grammar trouble. Yes, these are from a comical site. Surprisingly, they aren't wrong. O.o They are ways to help with semicolons, apostrophes, and some misspelled words. They have a weird way of telling you how to use them in different situations. Though, because of that, they seem to stick in my mind really well. And so, without further ado: The Onion pages

WARNING ON THIS SITE: Sometimes it has some links to its other comical imagery and conversation that may be inappropriate. I suggest if you don't want to find yourself reading something inappropriate, don't click them.>.< I was surprised to see how very mild these three links were, considering some of the ones they do have. (Though, not all are bad. Some just tell how evil printers are, or why you shouldn't give you Tyrannosaurus Rex cocaine.) O.o I repeat. This IS an odd site.

theoatmeal.com/comics/semicolon
theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe
theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Grammar Tips (Not from me, but from a site) 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
This website can answer any and ALL questions you might have regarding grammar and punctuation:

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/

Any aspiring writer should DEFINITELY check this out!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Grammar Tips (Not from me, but from a site) 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 31
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
This website can answer any and ALL questions you might have regarding grammar and punctuation:

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/

Any aspiring writer should DEFINITELY check this out!!

~~Wiccan~~

Thanks. I have had that site bookmarked for a looong time now. I just have a hard time remember the comma rules. So, I'm searching for any oddity or even a little rhyming song to help me remember them better. I always do find myself on this site though, when I just can't figure something out.... Unless I'm so tired I can't figure it out, or in slap happy hour. Then, I ask my poor beta about it, and she tells me in very simple words... Or rips off my comma key. Either or. *starts thanking her in my thoughts again, since she's currently not on*

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.