Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Odd writing tips...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Odd writing tips...
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Odd writing tips... 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 91
This is just for fun and meant to be humorous so don't take it seriously.

For those that write, what are some odd things you've learned that do/don't work or things you should never do?

I'll start out with an example....
NEVER write metaphoric poetry after taking pain killers. The results are not good.

What are yours?

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Angelicatt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd writing tips... 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
Never beta/edit while intoxicated

Logged Logged

Angelicatt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Odd writing tips... 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5

Never, ever beta/edit/write while in a pissy mood especially if it's romance you're writing - it gets quite testy; as for angst - let's not go there.

Logged Logged

phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Odd writing tips... 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 31
Never write a fic while:
  • riding a bike

• swimming

• bungee jumping

• watching infomercials

• Bacon bunties and rum doesn't make your fics better, it makes them cracki-er.

And never write while watching MST3K, it seriously messes up your ability to write a serious fic. You end up making fun of your own writing, get intoxicated, making fun of it more and being reduced to a giggling mess at 1 am in the morning. Sadly, I’m not making this up, ask my husband. I had to scrap one of my fics because I could no longer look at it without lol’ing.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/09/15 11:28 By phishbon3s. Reason: poofs

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
    - The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

lady_myth
    Pup
    graphgraph
    Re:Odd writing tips... 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
    Good writers avoid cliches...like the plague.

~.^

Logged Logged

Hoshi Phoenix
    Inuyoukai
    graphgraph
    Re:Odd writing tips... 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8
    Should avoid:
    -watching a funny movie while trying to write a serious story, it always backfires (has happened one too many times)

- trying to write a story when you have animals crawling all over your computer, fur and buttons don't mix well (another frequent thing that happens to me)

- never try to write when friends/family/ or husband in my case is in the same room because then they will proceed to read over your shoulder and give pointers (some good and some very bad!) or worst try to write your story for you!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
    Fallendoll
    Whelp
    graphgraph
    Re:Odd writing tips... 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 6
    Try not to nitpick your story. I've had to restart a story I'm trying to write multiple times now. It's about to drive me up the wall! I'm thinking to far ahead in the story.

Also, don't try to write anything while sunbathing in your yard. The neighbor's dog will always, ALWAYS come over and slobber on you and your papers. I don't know what he feeds her, but it's like paste.

Logged Logged
    Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
    No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.