Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Help starting
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Help starting
alexis
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Help starting 6 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
Hey guys ok having problems staring a story I have all these idea but have no idea how to start.. like how do u start an outline even if it's on paper.. if anyone could give me some ideas that would be great and then how do you go about finding someone I can bounce ideas off of

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Help starting 6 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 38
For me, I just start writing. I've never written an outline, I just know where my story begins and where it ends and then I go from there. What exactly are you struggling with?

Logged Logged

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Help starting 6 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 156
Kagome Yuki Niwa wrote:
For me, I just start writing. I've never written an outline, I just know where my story begins and where it ends and then I go from there.

Oh thank god I'm not the only one. :'D Same for me, when I'm starting out the story, I usually know how I want to end it, or at least what the climax is going to be and then work towards it, coming up with the rest more or less as I go. So I have never written an outline either.

Here are some posts about outlines, hope that's some help.

As for people to bounce ideas off of, beta readers can do much more than just proofread your story. So finding a beta might be a place to start. If a beta reader isn't enough, maybe once you start posting your story you could put in an author's note saying you're looking for people to bounce ideas off of?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/04/21 15:55 By Chie.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.