Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Advice for those with typing hinderances...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Advice for those with typing hinderances...
StormieLikeWeather
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Advice for those with typing hinderances... 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 12
A little bit about me: I have been writing Fanfictions for 10+ years, not all on dokuga. Writing is a lifelong passion of mine. I have one hand to type with due to a birth injury. After developing carpaltunnel, among other things, I haven't been able to write as I had in the past.

My husband bought me Dragon Naturally Speaking; it's the only reason I've been able to continue writing.

If there are other writers on here like me (or that have similar problems) I wanted to let you know you can still write! And that is a great relief.

I'm not sure if there are any free programs that are like Dragon, but with the holidays coming up you can find Dragon pretty cheap. I think I saw it on Amazon for around $20 last season. It's not perfect, and there will be a bit of editing to create a finished product, but in my case I find the end result is much greater than the cost.

If you do not have the physical means to type, love to write, and can use your voice, I highly recommend using Dragon or another speech to text program. You can still write and enjoy doing something you love.

Note: Setting the speech program up will take a little bit of help if you cannot use your hands at all.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.