Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
For those following Romancing the Sword...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: For those following Romancing the Sword...
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
For those following Romancing the Sword... 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 91
First, this is hard to say and I'll understand if you're upset, but please try to understand. Though the one story I'm working on under my other name will be finished, because it has only a couple chapters left, I put Romancing the Sword on permanent hiatus today. Nor will I probably ever finish it.

For those that write, you're going to probably get what I'm saying, for those that don't, please try to understand. My muse for the Inuyasha fandom is all but dead. I can get ideas, and have a ton of them, but getting them down on 'paper' is all but impossible right now. Nor will I try to force it because when you do that, you put out a crappy piece of work that no one is happy with and I won't do something like that. I've been working on the current chapter of it for a week, since the day after I finished with the new chapter of the other one as a matter of fact, and I’ve not even gotten 1000 words done. Every time I try to work on it, I can get two sentences and that's about it. My muse is pretty much done for that fandom. It happens to many writers and, for me, this story is the one that did it. I'm sorry.

I've been doing Inuyasha fanfics since '07 and the muse now wants to hop fandoms to Harry Potter and, to a lesser degree, Supernatural. So, rather than get in a running battle I will most assuredly lose, I'm bowing to the wishes of the thing that controls the creativity and moving on. Though, I can't say for sure it's a permanent thing, I would guess it probably is for the foreseeable future. I knew, when I didn't even want to open and start on the two IY WIPs, that I was in real trouble, especially since I could open the HP and Supernatural ones then go like a bat outta Hades. So, the problem wasn't writers block completely, just with the one fandom. Then, today, after staring at Romancing since I woke up and got to work, I realized I just couldn't do it anymore and I had to put it on hold. I talked to a couple people about it and, between them, it was something that eased the way for me. The one, not to tell tales out of school, is pretty much in the same boat I am with the fandom and the other has been in the fandom long enough to know what I'm talking about so it made a very hard decision easier on me.

Now, I’m more than willing to let someone take it over for me if they want and I'll give them the notes I do have on it. I've tried to find a couple to take it over but the two I had in mind are in the same boat I am with the fandom so that's out. If you're interested, snag me and we'll work it out (be warned, I'm a picky being with who i give my babies too so don't be offended if i say no).

I'm sorry to the fans that follow that one but I just can't do it and won't try when I know what'll come out of it is a substandard POS, something my fans don't deserve and i won't write.

Hopefully, for those of you that follow, you'll like the new fandoms and continue to enjoy!

Dani

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.