Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Stealing Heaven update slow-down . . . .
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Stealing Heaven update slow-down . . . .
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Stealing Heaven update slow-down . . . . 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 39
I wanted to apologize to everyone reading my fic Stealing Heaven (though I know some people clicked on this thread going "Update slow-down? Can the updates get any slower?"). I've been trying to focus on the next chapter, but every time I've been in the perfect mindset to sit down and get it done something comes up, but then whenever I've had quiet time recently, my muse has been no where to be found . Something about this third trimester seems to be scaring it off *sweatdrop*.

I'm really sorry, I know readers have been waiting for so long already for the next chapter and I wish I could at least say I have it in the works. I am hoping to get it started soon, though, and will have it out and posted as soon as I can.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/10/27 14:04 By Freya Ishtar.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Stealing Heaven update slow-down . . . . 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 95
Don't sweat it Freya. I think I can safely say that we have all suffered from the dreaded writer's block. I will admit that I am disappointed that it will be awhile until the next update because I simply adore "Stealing Heaven" but I do understand.

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
Anna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Stealing Heaven update slow-down . . . . 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
You're pregnant?! (I assumed from the third trimester comment) In that case, I'll cut you a million breaks! Congrats!

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Stealing Heaven update slow-down . . . . 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
ah... mommy brain already? Mine kicked in early too. Most women get it those first few weeks after they give birth... i've had it - well lets see..... its been about 4 years now! lol It will come to you in time, lady. Don't force it or you'll just get frustrated with it and not WANT to come back to it. Savor the last months of pregnancy because - once they are over - the sleepless nights begin again for you! Not that you arn't a veteran pro to the mommy biz already, but I think women conveniently forget how HORRIBLE it can be the first few months... Its like a genetic conditioning that we forget, because if we DIDN'T forget we'd never have any more after the first and eventually the human species would die out. (Thanks for doing your part for human survival! *kiss!* )

And remember, you can bounce ideas off me at any time. We can set an online date night. You and me. A dark room illuminated only by the effulgent glow of candle - i mean computer light. Seriously though, shoot me a pm and we can set a time to get together and work out some kinks or just get those creative vibes flowing.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Stealing Heaven update slow-down . . . . 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 39
Anna wrote:
You're pregnant?! (I assumed from the third trimester comment) In that case, I'll cut you a million breaks! Congrats!

Lol- yep, and very much so, seeing as I'm basically now in the home stretch.

Thank you- for the breaks and the congrats

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
MoxyMikki wrote:
ah... mommy brain already? Mine kicked in early too. Most women get it those first few weeks after they give birth... i've had it - well lets see..... its been about 4 years now! lol It will come to you in time, lady. Don't force it or you'll just get frustrated with it and not WANT to come back to it. Savor the last months of pregnancy because - once they are over - the sleepless nights begin again for you! Not that you arn't a veteran pro to the mommy biz already, but I think women conveniently forget how HORRIBLE it can be the first few months... Its like a genetic conditioning that we forget, because if we DIDN'T forget we'd never have any more after the first and eventually the human species would die out. (Thanks for doing your part for human survival! *kiss!* )

And remember, you can bounce ideas off me at any time. We can set an online date night. You and me. A dark room illuminated only by the effulgent glow of candle - i mean computer light. Seriously though, shoot me a pm and we can set a time to get together and work out some kinks or just get those creative vibes flowing.

Thanks, Mikks *hugs* I know I can always count on you. Yeah- between mommy-brain and the 'prep-work' for the baby's arrival, I'm surprised I'm getting anything done at all. And Oh, I have not forgotten- I couldn't sleep at all after my 5 year old was born- even when everyone else in the house was asleep I still couldn't, it was like part of my brain understood that it was the only time I had to myself, so I might as well use it. That's also when I got into fanfic writing, so it paid off, lol.

And genetic conditioning is how we magickally forget just how much labor really hurts :/. I have insomnia regularly as it is, so not getting sleep isn't anything new for me, veteran at new-mommy-ness or not, lol.

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Stealing Heaven update slow-down . . . . 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
I hear ya! I struggle with sleep too. My brain never wants to shut down. Even when the kids generously give me 6 consecutive hours of sleep, my brain is just over charged no matter HOW exhausted I am. And YES... we certainly forget about labor pain... although I've done it with and without the epidural and after the experience without, I have to say in RELATIVE terms, labor isn't so bad.... WHEN you've got the drugs. Now recovery? Thats the part I hate the most. Feeling like you cant hold your torso up because all of your absominal muscles have gone on hiatus is a royal kick in the head. You're a rock star woman! I can't believe it... four beautiful little mini freyas. Its all so worth it... what blessings.

And you know i'm always here for you sugar. Love ya sooooo much!

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Awww!! Love ya, Mikks!! *huggles*

My first one was 'natural' childbirth, and the other 2 were with epidural and let me tell you- both times that I had the shot in the spine something went wrong, and the shot itself is horrifically painful, and yet . . . I'm still debating on which way to go this time around, lol. I was orignally thinking 'oh, labor won't seem so bad after all that, maybe I won't get the shot' . . . but now that I'm getting close I've changed to 'let's see how bad the contractions feel and decided from there'.

The mommy-brain isn't just affecting SH, I'm afraid. I've been trying to finish up a citrusy chapter of Khem for a week now and even though it's in the, um, 'middle' of a scene, I can't bring myself to finish typing it. It just feels soooooo awkward to be writing a lemon when you're in that "I look like I swallowed a basketball" stage . Forget about if the baby wants to start kicking when you're writing, lol.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/10/28 06:28 By Freya Ishtar.
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Stealing Heaven update slow-down . . . . 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 55
MoxyMikki wrote:
Savor the last months of pregnancy because - once they are over - the sleepless nights begin again for you! Not that you arn't a veteran pro to the mommy biz already, but I think women conveniently forget how HORRIBLE it can be the first few months... Its like a genetic conditioning that we forget, because if we DIDN'T forget we'd never have any more after the first and eventually the human species would die out. (Thanks for doing your part for human survival! *kiss!* )

i laughed hard because I completely agree. lol

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.