Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Advice
Jessica Duffy
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Advice 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
It has been years it seems since I've written fanfiction. I too love this pairing so much, and I think it has to do with Sesshomaru's appeal.

I've started a new story called Insidious, and my main goal is to stay in character, more with Sesshomaru. I need people to read it and tell me if I'm doing a good job, AND if not, what is off.

This is actually quite challenging because with Sesshomaru, he's complicated and trying to figure out how to talk like him (or in this case how to make his uncommunicative nature realistic) is a most interesting challenge.

My goal is find something that we can all believe in, and have a story where both are in character, and the "falling" in love isn't forced or coincidental. Let's face it, the best critiques are going to be from those of you who know and love this character as much as I do!

Thank you for your time! Let me know what you think.

Jesyka

Link:
dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/6469/1

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/10/24 18:34 By JesykaDuffy.

Jesyka
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rinku
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Advice 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
I found your story interesting and, in my opinion, your Sesshoumaru is fairly good. You keep him impersonal and introverted. I won third place for 'Best Sesshoumaru Portayal' and have been told I 'channel' him so if you need some inspiration, just look over my 'A Debt to be Paid' or whichever story at the Sesshoumaru parts. The key to Sesshoumaru is to make him not give a flying rat's bum. He does not care, will not care and if he ever miraculously does, he will deny it and hide it. He is capable of few things feelings wise; loyalty, disgust, hate, impatience and intrigue. Rin is the exception. Remember, he didn't cry when Rin died later on in the manga, so incapable of expressing emotions he is, that Jaken cried for him.

Sesshoumaru is a difficult character to portray and especially is hard to pair with Kagome if you chose to keep him as in-character as possible just because they are so opposite to one another; an introvert and an extrovert.

My own observation for your Sesshoumaru is to keep him distant, keep him cold and make him fight against any acceptance/feelings/realizations he has for Kagome. He has too much pride and is much to ignorant to emotions for him to ever easily accept that situation if it ever came to be! Good luck and I like your story so far

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.