Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Lord Sh'omanoo is being pulled off the web
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Lord Sh'omanoo is being pulled off the web
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Lord Sh'omanoo is being pulled off the web 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 91
Just an FYI... though many aren't going to like this, I feel that I'm left with little choice in the matter...

In a weeks time I will be pulling Lord Sh'omamoo off the web from everywhere BUT my Yahoo group. Unfortunately, of all my stories, this is the one I'm having the most problems with getting lifted then reposted without my permission. Then I have to go through a running battle with whatever webmaster to get it down from those sites. I tend to get highly irritated when I have to do that. After several times of this, I'm pretty much done and it's not worth the effort anymore. So, I'm pulling it. I know it's not going to stop the problem entirely but it will slow it down. Also, though I know people want a copy of the thing and ask through various groups, if I find people passing it around, I'm going to get upset. I don't care if you have a copy of it for yourself but please don't pass it. If they want it they can sign up for my group. This minimizes the issue that is causing me to pull it in the first place. Most that ask don't do this, i know that, but the minority is what is giving me big headache at this point.

Sorry folks but this has gotten bad enough that I don't see another way around it. If there was a way around it, I would do it, but I don't see one at this point.

Danyealle

8/13/11

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/13 02:21 By Danyealle-sama.

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omanoo is being pulled off the web 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 12
And once again the thieves and liars have done harm to the rest of us. When an author must go to such lengths to protect her work, we all lose. It doesn't matter how much a reader likes an author's work, to post it ANYWHERE without the author's permission, is theft! Even if you post it under the author's name. It is also highly disrespectful to the author! How can you think that anyone wants to keep writing for us all when they have to go through all of this kind of aggravation?

And for those who think it's okay to steal other people's work, all good readers look for that kind of thing. We all do and we report you as soon as we find you. Not just to the webmasters but also to the writers and artists whose work you have stolen. I just want you to know that so that you understand that you are despised and disrespected throughout the FanFic universe.

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
Sakura-Chan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omanoo is being pulled off the web 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2
Thank god I border on obsessive when it comes to finishing reading a story I really like. I just finished reading it like 2 days ago! Stupid people suck hardcore. They only do that because they are insanely jealous of your awesome writing skills!!! Anyways, I hope things work out better for you. Maybe one day you can put it back up again.

Logged Logged

``Some people are like slinkies; really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to you`re face when you push them down a flight of stairs.``

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omanoo is being pulled off the web 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 29
I haven't read this one yet! Bummer.

Well, I certainly can appreciate your frustration, hun and I hope that the issues you are having with stealing are resolved. I'm sorry it has gotten to the point where you've have to take this action. I know its frustrating for any author/writer.

Good Luck!

Logged Logged
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omanoo is being pulled off the web 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 95
I really hate to hear that. This is one of my favorites, I think I've read it 6 or 7 times LOL. I can't say that I blame you though. I can't believe the nerve of some people who don't respect others. As for having a copy for yourself? I wasn't aware that I could seek permission and do that LOL I'm such a noob

Good Luck and I'm sure I will be begging to join your group in the future just so I can read it again.

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
Pandora
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omanoo is being pulled off the web 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
That's a shame!!! > shame on pplz!!!

Well then i'm off to reread the story for the 10th time. lol.

Logged Logged

SessKagLover
I claimed Hoshiyomi\\\'s Naginata of Kenkon!!!
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omanoo is being pulled off the web 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 32
Ugh. Once again the plagiarists win a round. I'm glad I've read that story before, but it does make me very sad to hear that it won't be around for future readers so freely anymore. My sympathies are with you though, it's got to stink having a story be stolen all the time.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
Ivy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omanoo is being pulled off the web 12 Years ago Karma: 0
Do you know what her yahoo group is called?? I would love to join it

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omanoo is being pulled off the web 12 Years ago Karma: 91
the link to it is on my profile. You must give an age or DOB or I reject your application

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Lady Nefertiti
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Lord Sh'omanoo is being pulled off the web 12 Years ago Karma: 37
Just read this... and I haven't read this one. I hated it when two of my stories were plagerized on Fanfiction.net. I'm off to join your group so I can. Take care.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.