Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
In the Absence of Oblivion
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: In the Absence of Oblivion
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
In the Absence of Oblivion 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 39
Okay, so I'm in the middle of typing up the prologue/ first chapter for the fic that was born from the plunnie that lurked along in the wake of drawing my most recent line-art work. See, though there's a rough bit of backstory/history posted with the pic, a bit more explanation is necessary and I'm afraid the A/N is proving to be a bit lengthy. I doubt it will reach over 300 words, but I don't want to run the risk. That being said, I'm posting it here, though with the wisdom that not everyone reads the forums, I'm going to edit down the A/N and keep what I can so that it will still make sense . . . I hope.

Backstory/Mythos of this fic is based partially in the Book of the Watchers, part of the Apocrypha texts (stories from the 'original' Bible that were removed by the Council of Nicea in the 300's, AD, because they either could not validate the authenticity or authorship of certain works or because specific tales did not fit with the story the council felt the Bible should convey- or even because they felt the view of the individual telling the story was too 'radical' or 'unusual' for their time. Go figure :/).

In the opening of this story Sesshomaru & Kagome's names have been altered to reflect the backstory/world they're in, but will be changed to their 'correct' names as the fic progresses. (Little known fact to apply to this, 'El' is considered by some to be one of the names of 'God', hence why most angelic names end in 'el' [Gabriel, Michael, Azazel, Uriel], as it would denote the meaning 'of God'.)

Being that this is the basis of the entire story, I would ask that if you're a particularly religious individual, or feel you may be somehow offended or insulted by a story that seems to poke at the validity of the Bible, than I would urge you to avoid this fic. The alterations to 'canon' Christian/Catholic beliefs contained therein is not intended to mock, insult, question, ridicule or otherwise demean anyone's beliefs, faith or spiritual views.

That aside, I'd not really wanted to start a new fic- especially not while I've declared my other 'current' fics to be On Hiatus until I near completion on Stealing Heaven- but you know how plunnies are, try to ignore them and they get rabid :/. The updates may be sporadic, as I'll be balancing out working on Oblivion with keeping my update schedule of SH going as it has been.

The Line Art in question:

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/02/11 11:02 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: minor correction
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.