Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Love In The Ice (Out on: 01/ 26/2011!)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Love In The Ice (Out on: 01/ 26/2011!)
SakuraAngel1
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Love In The Ice (Out on: 01/ 26/2011!) 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
The actual fanfic will be released on Wednesday, possibly Tuesday night due to my other accounts and other ongoing promotions.

But in anticipation for everyone, I have released a trailer and "fanfic posters" as a promotion.

Feel free to check back here in order to see the fic when it is released.

And of course, all feedback is welcome with the exception of flames.

Here is the Special Edition Website: sakuraangelproductions.weebly.com/index.html

Yay!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 21:12 By SakuraAngel1.

Thanks for your support! Keep it coming~!

****OFFICIAL WEBSITE****

sakuraangelproductions.weebly.com/index.html
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
SakuraAngel1
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Love In The Ice (Out on: 01/ 26/2011!) 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Hopefully, there will be another way to upload more posters. But in the meantime, it's only allowing me to upload one.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 05:49 By SakuraAngel1.

****OFFICIAL WEBSITE****

ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Love In The Ice (Out on: 01/ 26/2011!) 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -666
Settle down. You have a fanfic coming out. There's no need for so much advertising. People will read it.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
SakuraAngel1
Pup
graphgraph
Sorry, I've meant to post it onto the same post until I've discovered that there was a self-promoting forum.

Logged Logged

****OFFICIAL WEBSITE****

ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Well, you're taking it to an extreme. It's nice that you have a story you're preparing and you want to drum up some interest, but it's going a bit far. This section is meant for people to modestly ask for readers to come and have a look. This isn't modest, so settle down. You can have all the posters in the world, but nothing can replace writing a solid story that brings people back wanting more. I think you should put your time into your story and not into all of this.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/24 21:24 By ladybattousai. Reason: Wrong word!

SakuraAngel1
Pup
graphgraph
Well then forgive me for being not being modest, and I'm currently completing the story as of now.

I am new to the site, and didn't mean to offend by making a second post. The "extra" stuff is what I do in my spare time when I'm not working or writing.

I do apologize if I have offended anyone.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/25 16:55 By SakuraAngel1.

****OFFICIAL WEBSITE****

Kagome357
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Love In The Ice (Out on: 01/ 26/2011!) 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
I'm sorry Lady B, but I disagree with you. I LOVED this hype job! It was unexpected, it's flashy, you didn't see it coming, it grabs your attention and it's funny as hell!

I don't know who she is, I've never seen her anywhere in fandom, but I wanna read this story!

SakuraAngel, I love it! I'll bet everyone who comes to the forum clicked that link. That's how ya do it! I just hope that your story lives up to the hype!

Hell, I wish I had thought of it!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/25 17:36 By Kagome357.
Fox
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Love In The Ice (Out on: 01/ 26/2011!) 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 26
I have to agree with LadyB. It's very good to try and get yourself out there, but there's a point when it becomes a little much. Plus, you don't have to go back and be disrespectful to the mods. If you want to take a tone, take it to PM. You disrespect the mods, you disrespect the site. They are here voluntarily to keep this site up and running.

Plus, there are two threads by the same person for the same fic. Make your awesome stuff, put it in one post in one thread. Second, if something is thrown in my face like it's the best thing ever I probably won't read it.

Upbeat tone and to the point posts interest me! I like subtle.. good grammar and good summaries go a long way. I'll not touch a fic with a ten foot pole that has a summary of "See inside for details." or "kagme runs back too sesomaru when inuyasha breaks her heart". First impressions are very important.. I'm not a fan of an author who thinks they're all that and deserve to have people read their stuff. And not saying you are, but being loud and really pushy can make someone seem that way.

Dokuga is a wonderful place, please let it work it's magic on you... you don't need all of this.

...and please respect the mods, they bend over backwards and in curves for us. I don't know anyone who will respect a person who is rude to our awesome modlies.

Logged Logged

I am the Master Procrastinator of Dokuga, and I wield a mighty game controller!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Love In The Ice (Out on: 01/ 26/2011!) 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
Okay, we've had differing viewpoints weigh in... let's not have the "jump on the bandwagon" thing, 'k?

I can appreciate both opinions for what they are, straightforward and to the point. They represent both sides of the "self-promotion" coin. Some admire it, some hate it.

'Nuff said?
:?
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Love In The Ice (Out on: 01/ 26/2011!) 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 39
Okay . . . I have to go with both sides on this (this is not a 'jump on the bandwagon' comment). Now yes, Fox is going to yell at me- again- for typing with a bruised hand, but sometimes you just feel compelled to pipe up about something.

It's fine to love your own work, it's great that you want to announce that you're a new author to the site & you want to invoke some interest in your story, and, hey, it's even cool that you're so confident and very 'not' modest about your work. The main issue, I think, is that with all of this attention you're trying to grab you're chancing making other authors that aren't as confident have a "well, how do I compete with that kind of intro?" feeling. Or, like Fox's reaction, you're going to find people that will avoid that work because you're coming out blaring trumpets & shooting off fireworks. Then again, there will be those that adore the time and attention that you're putting into everything.

See . . . the main 'thing' that keeps everyone here coming back to this site is that it's not like other 'sites', it's a genuine community and we're all striving to be considerate of one another. That being said, issues like this can make some of the 'shyer' authors intimidated, or even straight-up feel bad, because they just put out their stories without such preamble and are elated just to get some readership. In the end, the caliber of your work is what's going to keep people coming back for more no matter how many are pointed to it in the beginning by any amount of fanwork for it.

We're used to people making room for others, and unfortunately there are those that are going to take these kinds of things as . . . eh, metaphorically you shoving everyone else out of the way and going "Hey, look at me."

You love your work and more power to you. Love it, post it and keep at it.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/25 19:21 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: Typo
Kagome357
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Love In The Ice (Out on: 01/ 26/2011!) 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Then perhaps a rewrite of the forum's purpose and/or description is in order. It should be specific in regards to what can be promoted. When you come here, you do so with the understanding that this a Sess/Kags centric site. That goes without saying.

However, it doesn't tell you HOW you can promote your story or even that your promotion is a story that is housed here. It only says that it has to be Sess/Kags. Technically, Sakura did nothing wrong although she came up in somebody else's house and kicked the door off the hinges; she did so without the rules clearly being established. It's not enough to merely assume that "Self Promotion" means or implies that the story should be a story that is uploaded here. That's what I was relating to Wiccan in a PM not long ago about TOS and how specific you have to be about stuff. All it takes is an innocently worded phrase for the misunderstanding to start.

Here's a suggestion - how about a promotional forum for those who have works posted elsewhere, or a place where someone has a link that they'd like others to view? It would go a long way with making those who don't feel comfortable or are new to the experience to interact with those who are part of the fandom and make them feel at ease.

That's just my buck fiddy...

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
All right, I think this is getting out of hand. A controversy was never meant to start, and really, there ought not be one.

Fundamentally, the forum has few rules. If we had too many hard and fast rules, it would be stifling. No one could say anything with out fear of tripping over some rule. The forum isn't a black tie affair. It never has been. You don't even need to wear shoes.

As for this particular avenue of self-promotion, I've done posters for my fanfiction work. There is absolutely no problem with it. Creating a trailer is equally acceptable. What a novel approach.

Crafting two threads in the self-promotion section to drum up interest is demanding a lot of attention, especially when at their creation you've only been a member for a few hours. There wasn't even a fic posted yet.

Is there anything wrong with that? No, but a little advice might be in order. And that's what was given. A good story doesn't always need so much fanfare, and if you have that much time to spend, then why not spend it on the story. That's what you want people to read. Make sure it lives up to the expectations you're setting.

All of this jumping and snapping was unnecessary. And with this, I would like to see no further posts, or else I will lock it. If you object to that, PM me.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/01/25 21:05 By ladybattousai.

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.