Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Oh heck- Freya got plunnie-tackled again!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Oh heck- Freya got plunnie-tackled again!
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Oh heck- Freya got plunnie-tackled again! 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 39
Just wanted to drop a word so I don't concern anyone reading Stealing Heaven. I have caved to a plunnie that hijacked my dreamtime a few months ago. Turns out when you ignore plunnies, they can turn vicious O_o. Any hoodles, the new fic is a touch 'Ten Little Indians'-ish, with supernatural twists to it (and of course generous helpings of Freya-citrus wherever it can be worked in XD). I wanted to just ask, how many people are familiar with 'High Spirits' offhand? (<_< it's a ghost-comedy from the early/mid 90's?) I only ask because if not enough people get it, I'll refigure the summary, but if it's passable I will leave the movie title as a reference.

The updates for this fic may be sporadic- as it will be taking a back seat to the updates for 'Heaven'. Also, it may be a feel a li'l slow to start, but as it's another AU & takes place on American soil, there's some monotonous lead-in paragraphs necessary (*shudders* I so hate those) to set the stage.

Other stuffs: Sins in Dreaming and It Wasn't Supposed to Be You have both been put on hiatus. It wasn't something I'd wanted to do, but- despite the sorta recent updates to both stories- it's been so long since I've worked on them I've lost their momentum. This isn't to say they will be left incomplete forever, but refocusing on them would mean having to put my current & in-the-works fics on hold so to be fair, rather than letting readers of those fics wonder, I felt I should let you guys know they're paused until further notice.

Crimson Entanglements, the chapter-story sequel to my halloween one-shot, Precious Blood, will see its first chapter posted within the next few weeks.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/09 09:14 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: TYPOS- the BANE of my existence!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Oh heck- Freya got plunnie-tackled again! 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 29
Hello my love!

I'm so excited to hear there will be another fic for me to obsess over! I can['t wait to read the summary!

I am not at all familiar with "High-Spirits" If you find a lot of bepeople are saying the same, then you could even direct readers in chapter one to a helpful link which explains it, IF that is helpfu to your story and you want to. Just an idea.

Glad Stealing Heaven wont be put on hiatus, because I'm SOOOOO obsessed over that story. :)

Also eager to see Crimson Entanglements - Precious Blood was awesome, so I'm naturally stoked that you plan to expand. YAY! :)

Luv ya girl.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Oh heck- Freya got plunnie-tackled again! 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 39
Ah Thanks Mox!

Yeah, the actual summary of 'High Spirits' wouldn't be necessary and I feel like if I do lead people who aren't familiar with the movie to it, than it will color their expectations of the story. It was just going to be thrown in as an easier way to describe 'agatha christie-esque with dark, ghost-hijinks'. I'm actually almost done with the opening chapter (wanted it out today, but have parent-teacher conferences this afternoon, so we'll see how it goes :/). It's already seven pages and since my fics usually go to 8-12 pages on average per chap ( just ask Itsy, I loathe writing short chapters) I will either be pulling it up to how I initially imagined ending the first chapter or will hit a point that feels like 'wow, okay, end it HERE'. >_> Hence why half my readers always want to kill me for where my chapters end. But sometimes you just gotta go with your writer's instinct.

You're so awesomely supportive of my work *huggles* Thank you so much for being here!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.