Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Limerance - More Info, the Comic, and FAQ
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Limerance - More Info, the Comic, and FAQ
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Limerance - More Info, the Comic, and FAQ 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
UPDATE 01/23/2017: This story has been re-edited and cleaned up and is now being continued with hopeful weekly updates (during weeks when I don't have exams at school). The outline has been completed, and the current plan is roughly 35 chapters total. It is my goal to finish this story within the next few months, and your support and encouragement in this is sincerely appreciated. Thank you, everyone!

Hello everyone!

First off, I would like to thank everyone who has read and left comments on my story both here and on other websites where it is posted. Since I've been getting a plethora of questions about this story from all across these sites, I decided to start a thread about it.

Here is the general info about the story:

Title: Limerance
Rating: MA
Summary: A wish gone terribly wrong. A land ravaged by an escalating conflict. Love, loss, rebirth, and one light of purity and hope Sesshoumaru will yield to no one. In the hundreds of years of his existence, the demon lord has never felt attached to anything. But now that she was his, he wasn't about to let go.

Internal and External links just for those who may be interested:
FF.net | AO3 | Dokuga | DeviantArt (coming soon)

Since author's notes are limited when posting, I'd like to write up some more details about the setting. A lot of historical research has gone into the creation and conception of this story, and for that reason, I'd like to make extra notes and references available in case anybody wants them.

Important notes about the setting:

--This story begins in the year of 1556, roughly ten years after Kagome first jumped into the Bone Eater's Well.

--Naraku was defeated late in the year of 1549, but the Jewel of Four Souls was not destroyed with him.

--Though events have mostly progressed as they did in the manga/anime, Sesshoumaru never met Rin. As a result, he never developed the "softer side" that he occasionally showed in regards to her and a select few.

--Around the time of Naraku's destruction, Sesshoumaru discovered the Bakusaiga and restored his arm. Now free of the need to possess the Tetsusaiga (a desire that has tormented him for years), he is able to move on to other goals.

--Though extensive research shows conflicting opinions about Sesshoumaru's lordship over the Western Lands and what exactly this entails, Limerance assumes that he inherited his father's position and thus his holdings and retainers as well.

--There is much debate about the expanse and location of the Western Lands themselves. This story will assume these boundaries based on historical provinces and political borders of the Muromachi Period.

An important disclaimer about this story:

All events, characters, and settings are inspired by the Inuyasha manga/anime, history, and a mix of original ideas and theories. Though this story strives to be as historically accurate as possible, some timelines and events have been shifted to accommodate a fantasy element.

Limerance: Political and Adventure Maps
--

Chapters 1-5: View in high res on DeviantArt HERE or visit its page on the Dokuga site HERE.

Provinces colored in dark purple are provinces of interest in the chapters that the map correlates to. The crest for the Relegation is something I made myself using symbols researched from official Japanese heraldry.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/01/31 09:52 By kyndred_raven.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
xDori
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Limerance - More Info, the Comic, and FAQ 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
uwahhhh.

thanks for the info! i'm really invested in this story! with all the hard work you're doing, i know this will be one of my favorite stories

approximately how many chapters will this story have?

Logged Logged
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Limerance - More Info, the Comic, and FAQ 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
Thank you so much for saying that! I don't know how many people are currently following this story, but I'm definitely working really hard to make it the best that it can be for those who are

I'm not yet sure how many chapters there will be, but there will be at least 3 acts and an epilogue piece. This story went from a simple bit of inspiration from a plot bunny to a full length novel work. It will be at least 150,000 words when it's complete.

I'm actually finishing up the first draft of chapter 3 right now So excited!

Logged Logged

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Chapter 3 is now up, everyone ^_^

Logged Logged

Dragoonflames91
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Limerance - More Info, the Comic, and FAQ 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm so excited about this (if you couldn't tell from my reviews). Thank you for introducing me to this community, for doing a commission for me, and for getting me back into this fandom.

Logged Logged
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Map coming soon! Just as a heads up, despite exhaustive research, I've only been able to get a somewhat vague location about the Western Lands. No other such territories are mentioned ANYWHERE. Therefore, I'm going to put them into the map as part of my theory of where they are located and where they will be able to fit in with my plot.

Logged Logged

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
The first map for this story is now uploaded in the original post!

Logged Logged

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Chapter 3 is now available and posted!

Logged Logged

Dragoonflames91
Pup
graphgraph
You've done an AMAZING job with this story so far! It's been SUCH a long time since I was this into a fanfiction. You've gotten me out of a slump of trying to find something to lose sleep over. I can't wait until you're done with this so I can read it all over again ^(O.O)^

Logged Logged
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
The WIP for the Limerance cover art has been posted! You can check it out [img]http://dokuga.com/gallery?func=detail&id=10698HERE[/img] :) For those of you who have been requesting a Susumu the kitsune sketch, I hope you like it ^_^

Logged Logged

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Chapter 4 is now posted!

Logged Logged

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Chapter 5 is now up!

Logged Logged

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Chapter 6 has just been updated

Logged Logged

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
So I've finally done it. I've given in and changed around the genre tags of this story. I had originally rated it MA for other reasons, but now those reasons have...grown.

The original tags involved "dark" and "angst". Now those tags have been removed and the "erotica" tag has been added in anticipation for certain possible scenes in the future.

If you guys have any questions about it, feel free to ask.

Logged Logged

BlissfulBlight
Pup
graphgraph
Kyndred Raven wrote:
So I've finally done it. I've given in and changed around the genre tags of this story. I had originally rated it MA for other reasons, but now those reasons have...grown.

The original tags involved "dark" and "angst". Now those tags have been removed and the "erotica" tag has been added in anticipation for certain possible scenes in the future.

Wait wait wait...does this mean that there will be lemony goodness in this for us after all???? OMGPLSYESWITHACHERRYONTOP Your smut is delicious.

Logged Logged
Re:Limerance - More Info, the Comic, and FAQ 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
BlissfulBlight wrote:

Wait wait wait...does this mean that there will be lemony goodness in this for us after all???? OMGPLSYESWITHACHERRYONTOP Your smut is delicious.

You're getting pretty excited, but remember that the Kagome in this story is still very young. I bet it won't be for a long while if it comes at all.

Writing this to let you know that there's no pressure, Kyndred. I'm definitely reading this story for the awesome plot and story and have no preference about whether you choose to include such content or not. As I mentioned in a previous review, I'm enjoying the fact that the story revolves around the romance rather than the romance being the primary factor. It's very refreshing.

I do feel that removing the dark and angst tags might have been a good idea as the story doesn't really fit either of those categories. It's a little hard to place, imho, because it is kind of dark and it is kind of tragic but not morbidly so and probably not enough to tag for it.

Whatever you choose to do, I'm sure that I'll absolutely love it

Logged Logged
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
The Unfashionable Thief wrote:

You're getting pretty excited, but remember that the Kagome in this story is still very young. I bet it won't be for a long while if it comes at all.

Writing this to let you know that there's no pressure, Kyndred. I'm definitely reading this story for the awesome plot and story and have no preference about whether you choose to include such content or not. As I mentioned in a previous review, I'm enjoying the fact that the story revolves around the romance rather than the romance being the primary factor. It's very refreshing.

I do feel that removing the dark and angst tags might have been a good idea as the story doesn't really fit either of those categories. It's a little hard to place, imho, because it is kind of dark and it is kind of tragic but not morbidly so and probably not enough to tag for it.

Whatever you choose to do, I'm sure that I'll absolutely love it

Thanks for saying that, Thief, and thank you for the vote of confidence, Bliss. Nothing solid has been decided yet, and I'm not fully sure if I even need to tag this as erotica, but for now I'll be keeping these tags and we'll see where the story takes all of us.

In regards to Kagome's age, you can be sure that nothing will be happening that involves underage characters or minors ^_^

Logged Logged

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Limerance - More Info, the Comic, and FAQ 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 32
Kyndred Raven wrote:

Hey! Kyn! What did I say about teasing me?! -wails-

Logged Logged
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
MissKatt wrote:

Hey! Kyn! What did I say about teasing me?! -wails-

I'm sorry? I am fairly certain that I'm not teasing though haha

Logged Logged

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
What IS teasing is telling you that the next Limerance update will be 2 chapters instead of one ^_^

Logged Logged

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Limerance - More Info, the Comic, and FAQ 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 22
Just thought I would post an update that I am very sick. Apparently I caught the flu then the flu decided it liked living in my lungs, so now I have viral bronchitis. Therefore, updates to Limerance may be a little delayed. Thank you to everyone who has left a review or PM'ed me! Your words have meant a lot!

Logged Logged

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Limerance - More Info, the Comic, and FAQ 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 22
Hello, everyone! I'm back. For anybody who still remembers Limerance, I'm currently working on tying up loose ends with it (a.k.a I would very much like to finish this story at last).

I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys! See you in chapter 9!

Logged Logged

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Chapter 9 of Limerance has been posted! Chapter 10 should be out by the end of this week. I hope to hear from you guys Thank you for reading!

Logged Logged

Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Hello, readers! Since I've only really gotten positive reviews with a couple of "I'm confused but still reading" responses, I'd like to post this in the hopes that more readers will be able to tell me what they think about the plot so far and if it really is confusing.

There is a certain planned element of disorientation for the reader. You are [I]meant[I] to feel confused to a degree as the story builds to the climax of the first "act". But if you are feeling too left out of the loop, I am more than happy to answer questions to clarify what's going on a bit more without giving too much away.

This is a chapter story with a novel-type structure, so the plot weaves and grows at a bit of a steadier pace than most fan fiction out there. I do want more readers to enjoy the adventure, so please let me know what is confusing you or what you'd like to see me shed more light on.

Thank you for reading and for all the amazing support you guys have given me!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.