Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I MISS THE BATS
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I MISS THE BATS
Tana_san
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
I MISS THE BATS 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
I so miss the Halloween bats! They were such fun to sit and play with up and down the page while scanning the recent posting of fics.
Shame we can't have them all the time or something like them...birds for Spring? Moderators?, does it cost extra to add such quirky little fun things. I enjoy the snow in Winter, but alas, you can't "play" with the snow.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
bookgirl813
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:I MISS THE BATS 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 76
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
The bats and the snowflakes in December are part of a Joomla! module that Miss K added to the site when she built it. Not being conversant with Joomla! or having any idea how to install new modules, those are the only special effects that we've enabled.

We do have the option to enable one for fireworks... like for the 4th of July... but we haven't enabled that yet, since we're a multinational site.

Believe me, if we had modules for other special effects, I'd be happy to enable them for you!

~~Wiccan~~

PS - I've made it so that we'll have the bats all the way through October!

I actually asked if there was a way to add something like falling leaves for November and this was Wiccan's reply.
I like those crazy little bats too!

Logged Logged
Tana_san
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:I MISS THE BATS 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
It's a shame we all aren't computer and computer graphics savvy. I thought of the leaves for Fall too! I just wondered if anyone else loved them as much as I do. I sit there playing with them for several minutes putting off finding a fic just because I adore how they follow the pointer...such fun!!!
Thanks for responding. JEN

p.s. Anyone out there know how to do this type of thing? If it doesn't cost any money, I'm sure everyone would love it, I know I'd adore having these cute little critters flittering about.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.