Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
An update on 'Autumn' and author Evellin
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: An update on 'Autumn' and author Evellin
Evellin
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
An update on 'Autumn' and author Evellin 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 6
Hello,

As some of you may know, I am the author of the MA angst fanfic, 'Autumn'.

Recently, I had a death in the family. It was a long process up until the day she died, and then, after, was the period of mourning. This was a few weeks ago.

Needless to say, finding opportunities to write during that time was difficult. Then, after her passing, the desire to write was absent.

Thankfully, this is no longer the case. Today, I began working on Chapter 18 of 'Autumn'.

I am sorry to my readers, for such a long wait. Life came at me hard, and I had to prioritize.

Many of you have been messaging me, or leaving reviews, asking for an update. Unfortunatly, a chapter in 'Autumn' takes over 30 hours of work. As I just got started today, I still have a few full days of writing ahead of me.

That being said, I CAN give you a preview of Chapter 18!

-Do know what you are about to read will go through another editing process, and might be slightly different when published.

-IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO READ A PREVIEW OF CHAPTER 18, STOP READING NOW!!-

Autumn
Chapter Eighteen
By Evellin

Sesshomaru now knew he had been wrong moments prior; these... 'earplugs', did limit his sense of hearing. For as Lord Sesshomaru stood tall before Kagome, listening to her fantastic explanation, he was certain he had misheard the onna.

“...Sesshomaru... Did you hear me?”

Kagome's voice was even, yet held the slightest edge of concern as she stared up at the silver Inu basked in sunlight.

'...five-hundred years into the future...' Sesshomaru's thoughts whispered within his otherwise stilled mind. This notion, spoken by his Mate must be wrong. He must have misunderstood. And yet... 'And yet....'

Her claims were nonsensical. The theory, disillusioned. And yet, as Sesshomaru looked upon his young ningen Mate, her words, which echoed within his mind, sent the Yokai's analytical thoughts into a tailspin.

If there was one fact Lord Sesshomaru knew of his Mate, it would be a simple one: Kagome was terrible at lying. The girl couldn't tell a falsehood to save her life... Or her virginity. So now, as Kagome's miraculous, incredulous explanation was offered, Sesshomaru was inclined to believe her, despite its improbability.

'...The future... We are in the future...' Sesshomaru's mind, despite processing these words on their own accord, felt as if this mere sentence defied the gods themselves. And yet, it had been Autumn, Tatsuta-Hime Herself, who sent them forward. It was divine intervention which led to this miracle. One that, if he was assuming correctly, use to occur on the regular.

Sesshomaru felt his mind twist with burning curiosity. -He needed information. Now.

Narrowing his amber gaze, Sesshomaru finally broke the weighty silence baring down on the Mated couple. “We have traveled through time...” His voice was deep as he enunciated every syllable, testing this combination of words upon his tongue.

Kagome watched with doe-like eyes, and a fluttering heart. She nodded once in confirmation. “Yes.”

Blinking, Sesshomaru stared upon his Mate with intensity, scrutinizing every detail and mannerism. While processing her straight-forward answer, he tried desperately to grasp at this new reality, and stand strong within its currents. “And this is your place of origin... Your childhood home.”

Once again Kagome nodded, her blue eyes unblinking as she watched Sesshomaru's every move. “Yes.” Her voice sounded small despite her raw nerves and pounding heart.

Inclining his head, Sesshomaru's gaze slid over his Mate as a whole, taking in her feminine features clothed in modest Miko attire. “...And you claim the year is two-thousand and fifteen... Five-hundred years into the future.”

Gulping, Kagome nodded slowly. “It is.”

Silence once again reigned over the courtyard as Sesshomaru and Kagome stood some inches apart, watching each other in dreadful curiosity. At some point during their conversation, Mrs. Higurashi and Grandpa wandered off, silently and stealthily allowing the two Mated individuals to hash this out alone. Kagome was both grateful and horrified by their departure.

As Kagome waited, and watched nervously, Sesshomaru attempted to make order within his thoughts. However this was far more difficult to achieve. Overtaken by surprise and overwhelmed by the unimaginable, the Yokai Lord had a million questions in which he needed answers. And there was only one place he could attain them.

“Show me.”

Hearing these two simple words from Sesshomaru caused Kagome to pause in her own thoughts. “Uh... excuse me?” Kagome questioned, curiosity lighting her features as she stared upon her Mate in mild horror.

“I wish to see this future you speak of.” Sesshomaru explained, his amber eyes staring into her own blue orbs. Though his composure was rock-solid, a desperate need for answers plagued the Inu's mind. He needed to see the truth for himself. This need was beginning to bubble with desperation as question after question began to blossom within his thoughts, and tear at his shaken resolve.

Without explanation from the Inu, Kagome understood. After all, hadn't Inuyasha been similar? He had wanted to see the world, to explore the city and learn the secrets of the future. And that was Inuyasha: a Hanyou with little to no interest in the pursuit of knowledge. Sesshomaru was not of that ilk. -He is a Yokai of means, a Yokai with the best education available... An education that spanned centuries.

Biting her lip nervously, Kagome glanced Sesshomaru over, looking upon his frame and his attire. He was a six foot, seven inch titan. A silver haired god with a face that put the moon and sun to shame. And he was dressed in armor. Ancient armor. With a large, fluffy boa. And swords... demonic swords. Then of course there was his temper, and his general hatred of ningen...

Kagome felt her stomach twist. This was not going to work.

“I-I can't let you do that, Sesshomaru...” Kagome's voice, though hesitant, was strong and self assured. For though the fear over her Mate was as vivid as ever, a new truth had taken firm root within her soul. A truth which resonated within her heart and encouraged her actions.

Kagome could standup against her Mate.

He had raped her. He had hurt her. Sesshomaru had even taken her to Mate and stole her from Kagome's chosen life. But days prior, a new truth had rung within Kagome; she was not without. She too could fight. She too could demand respect. And when necessary, she too can fell the greatest Daiyokai in all the world. Perhaps her control was lacking; clearly the untrained Miko needed assistance in such endeavors. However, this did not negate a simple, blinding truth; Kagome held a brilliant power within, one that could bring any Yokai to their knees. All she needed now, was the ability to control it.

With Kagome's words, came Sesshomaru's curiosity as well as mild surprise. Clearly, the girl had regained her backbone during her short period of evasion. This both frustrated as well as enticed the Inu Lord, encouraging a response.

“Explain.” His voice was low and commanding as he watched Kagome in his a-typical, domineering fashion. During this single-worded reply, the golden eyed Inu began to push his presence forward, encroaching on the Miko's personal space.

Turning her nervous, yet self-assured energy into frustration, Kagome scowled at the Yokai Lord while warding him off with raised hands. Her nerves were raw. Her mind, exhausted by grief. And yet she knew she had to stand her ground. For though Sesshomaru could easily take care of himself, she was frighted for the world, and its reaction to a creature such as he. As a result, she offered a precious pout, all in the guise of manipulating the situation in her favor.

“Sesshomaru, it's 2015... you can't just go around in ancient armor, armed to the teeth! This is a modern-day society, and you look like a blast from the past!”

A single, silver brow raised in both agitation and amusement. “'Blast from the past'?”

I have written a bit more than this, but I didn't want to give any more away. I do hope you enjoyed this preview and how the story is coming along! And I hope you understand as to why I have been absent for so long. Hopefully, my schedule will righten itself out, and return to normal, leaving plenty of time to write. <3

-Evellin

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/09/19 16:51 By Evellin.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.