Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fic Stealing Heaven soon to be pulled.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fic Stealing Heaven soon to be pulled.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fic Stealing Heaven soon to be pulled. 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 39
You may wonder why news of pulling a story from the site would be considered 'self-promotion,' well, it is, in part. Many of Stealing Heaven's readers have long known of my plans to revise the story into an original work, and that is finally happening. It is a slow process, but I will treat it largely like a fanfiction, in that I will be going through the story and revising it chapter by chapter, and posting that form of the story to my Wattpad account.

It is a relatively large work (topping out at roughly 150k words), so for the original fiction revision, I am breaking the story into a "duet." I will update with the link to the first chapter as soon as it's ready (this will probably mean the fanfiction version of the story will be pulled by then), I just didn't want to pull it without saying anything, and potentially leave hanging anyone who might be reading it.

I really hope you guys will drop by when the story is ready & show some of the wonderful love and support the story has received in it's time as part of Dokuga's amazing collection of works .

(sample of the cover art for part one of the revised version)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/06/09 18:05 By Freya Ishtar. Reason: addition
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
bookgirl813
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fic Stealing Heaven soon to be pulled. 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 76
Did you ever complete the continuation of "The Summoned"?

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fic Stealing Heaven soon to be pulled. 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 39
Omg, you read it? Sorry, I'm still a bit shocked when someone asks me about that book.

There has been a lot of confusion about Summoned (and it's impending sequel), because I'd pulled it from publication due to signing with a publisher. They were (are, if the story still holds up in the current market climate, if not, I'll be putting the book back out on my own [I've learned self/indie published isn't a bad place to be, these days XD]) going to re-publish the book with a snazzy new cover art, proper editing, and all that. I'm so sorry if you've been waiting on the sequel. I let myself get talked into a lot of sidetracking- there was writing a serial, working on shorts for anthologies, and somewhere along the way, Summoned got pushed to the wayside.

I know that sounds awful, and again, I'm so sorry about that. I just recently re-prioritized my work, writing-wise, and getting Summoned out of pre-edits so I can formally send it in to my publisher to be looked at/edited, and completing its sequel, Sacrificed, are some of the first things I'm trying to get done (alongside the revision/reposting of Stealing Heaven).

Logged Logged
Miss Elinor
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fic Stealing Heaven soon to be pulled. 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Best of luck turning it into an original work! I remember being enthralled by Stealing Heaven! I'll see if I can squeeze in one last read before you start your transfer.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.