Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Looking for Recommendations
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
To recommend a story, don't forget to include the link, author, and name of your story in the recommendation. Thanks for spreading the word! If you're looking for something similar to what you've read somewhere, ask here!
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: Looking for Recommendations
Rowzy
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Looking for Recommendations 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Lately, I have been reading a lot of fics but I am noticing that it takes longer and longer for me to find a fic that really keeps my hooked. Sometimes the plot is great, but I really can't bring myself to read a fic that has a lot of typos/reads like it was unbeta'd or just isn't written in a way that really holds my attention. For example, things that bug me are "telling" instead of "showing" things like emotions, or unrealistic interactions between characters/dialog.

So, I am looking for recommendations! The most important thing is that they are very well written. If there are mistakes in a couple chapters like there wasn't a beta in the beginning or something, that is ok, as long as the majority is good. Other than that, I prefer fics that are set in the past (or even further back) and usually have a darker nature. However, I am very open about plot.

A couple of examples of fics I have read and enjoyed:
A bunch of different fics by Forthright
Blood Stained by Madison
Death Becomes Her by NicoRavenPen
etc.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Looking for Recommendations 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 19
First, I would recommend anything written by The Hatter Theory. Everything about her writing is magic, simply a fantastic writer. Here are a few of my favorites by her.

Nothing is Sacred Rated M (dark and angsty one shots)

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/7047/1

Running Up That Hill Rated MA updated every Tuesday and Friday

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/6241/1

Nova Rated M Complete

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/6847/1

Also Lyra is another amazing writer. My suggestions:

Bloodlust Rated MA

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/5586/1

A Tanabata Tale Rated T

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/7116/1

Lillian's Sunlight in Shadow Rated T

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/6996/1

These are all new-ish fanfics, but I have oodles of fics to choose from. If you want more let me know!

Logged Logged

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
Rowzy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for Recommendations 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Oh, I did read something (don't remember the name...) by The Hatter Theory just the other day... and it was amazing! I will have to look into the ones that you listed.

If you have more, I would love if you listed some. A couple other things that I prefer are short-ish chapters (for some reason I prefer them over very long chapters) and fics that aren't extraordinarily long. While many great fics are very long, I either tend to read them instead of doing my reading for my classes or I will stop half way through when I get busy with classwork and never finish it.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/06/02 01:59 By rowzy.
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Ok! Will troll through fics. Nova is a drabble series so good to go on that. Running is an epic length at over 250k words. Bloodlust is also an epic, so read those later. School is mega important.

Logged Logged

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Do you also want older fics too, or just newer ones?

Logged Logged

Eppu Nuotio
Rowzy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for Recommendations 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Either older or newer fics are fine, as long as they are either completed or still being updated on a regular basis.

I will have to look into the longer ones next week after finals. Since its the weekend before finals, I am taking tonight to relax and read/look for fics to read before I kick into full time studying mode haha.

Logged Logged
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Speechless By Mujitsu Rated R

www.dokuga.com/spark/story/3674/1

Flower Girl By Kanna37 Rated T

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2933/1

If You Fly Away Tonight By Kanna37 Rated T

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/5196/1

How Far Rated M

www.fanfiction.net/s/5289706/1/bHow_b_bFar_b

Frivolous Sentimentalities By Tally Mark Rated K+

www.fanfiction.net/s/4463099/1/Frivolous_Sentimentalities

Some random fluffyness

www.fanfiction.net/s/6069186/1/At_First_Sight

www.fanfiction.net/s/5645572/1/Little_Shop_of_Flowers

www.fanfiction.net/s/5609811/1/Tis_the_Season_to_be_Jolly Rated M

Will give you more if you want them. Just let me know!

Logged Logged

Eppu Nuotio
Lonelylark
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for Recommendations 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
If you go to Spark, search Vying for Dominance (rated MA) by shadowsweaver. It's long, completed, one of my personal favorites. I just finished re-reading it today, actually.

Another good one to look up on Spark is A Sentinel Mother, by Demonlordlover2.

Logged Logged

Rowzy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for Recommendations 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I can't wait until I can go through all of these fics, thanks! Darn finals stopping me from reading fanfiction .

Logged Logged
Rowzy
Pup
graphgraph
Anymore oneshots or drabble series or just short fic recommendations? For some reason I'm really into these right now. Maybe because at least the ones I've read the fics/chapters are short but the stories feel very in depth and don't feel like they are lacking anything. Whereas whenever I start to read some of the longer fics they start to feel very drawn out (except for the very well done ones of course!).

I've read Speechless and If You Fly Away Tonight and loved them. I read a few chapters from Nothing is Sacred which was great too, but I am reading it one chapter at a time rather than all at once. I put NOVA on my nook so I can read it later. So, I still have plenty to read but I always love more recs, especially because the quarter is almost over and I'm going to have a ton of free time...

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Looking for Recommendations 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 55
If you haven't read this on already, it is an absolute MUST!

Stardust by ladybattousai
It's a one shot from her collection Fantastic Feudal Fusion and was part of the Fanfiction Tournament. I love reading this... in fact I may go do that right now lol

Oh, and THIS!!!!!!!
Youkai No Mimito by Madison RATED M
I thought this oneshot was original and amazing.

EDIT: added Madison awesomeness

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/06/06 06:48 By cakeiton.

Askua
Pup
graphgraph
If you want stories that will keep you hooked without typo's or errors look for stories written by...

Madison

Oroyukae

Texanlady

Kanna37

tearsofacrescent

Lyra

you cannot go wrong with any of the stories written by any of these writers. Personally Oroyukae is my favorite because her writing is done beautifully and all her stories are so amazing to read, but all of these witters are amazing, and I'm sure you will find a story to keep your attention within one of their stories. Happy reading :]

Logged Logged
kirrav
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for Recommendations 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
Try reading What Once Was by Azuka Ahara. It isn't completed yet and normally I stay away from ones like that because they often end up on hiatus but It's really interesting and detailed along with being extremely well written and believable.

Logged Logged
jessabell
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Looking for Recommendations 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
Madison is my favorite.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/07/09 23:13 By jesskoopman.

Click Me!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.