Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Purple Butterfly Challenge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 2
TOPIC: Purple Butterfly Challenge
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Purple Butterfly Challenge 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Hello All! I'm making this challenge because this whole month of May is
Lupus Awareness Month! even though May is Lupus awareness month this challenge is open without a date.
When I tell people my mom has lupus they usually give me a blank and ask 'what's that'
I'm not doing this for pity or sympathy I just want to get the message across, Lupus is real and people need to be aware of it

Now for explanations:
Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs inside the body). In lupus, something goes wrong with your immune system. Normally our immune system produces proteins called antibodies that protect the body from these invaders. Autoimmune means your immune system cannot tell the difference between these foreign invaders and your body’s healthy tissues and creates autoantibodies that attack and destroy healthy tissue. These autoantibodies cause inflammation, pain, and damage in various parts of the body.
Lupus is also a disease of flares and remissions. Lupus can range from mild to life-threatening and should always be treated by a doctor. With good medical care, most people with lupus can lead a full life.
Lupus is not contagious, not even through sexual contact. You cannot "catch" lupus from someone or "give" lupus to someone.
Lupus is not like or related to cancer. Cancer is a condition of malignant, abnormal tissues that grow rapidly and spread into surrounding tissues. Lupus is an autoimmune disease, as described above.
Lupus is not like or related to HIV (Human Immune Deficiency Virus) or AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome). In HIV or AIDS the immune system is underactive; in lupus, the immune system is overactive.
Our research estimates that at least 1.5 million Americans have lupus. The actual number may be higher; however, there have been no large-scale studies to show the actual number of people in the U.S. living with lupus.
It is believed that 5 million people throughout the world have a form of lupus.
Lupus strikes mostly women of childbearing age (15-44). However, men, children, and teenagers develop lupus, too.
Women of color are 2-3 times more likely to develop lupus.
People of all races and ethnic groups can develop lupus.
More than 16,000 new cases of lupus are reported annually across the country.
Related Information

Now for the challenge:
The color for lupus is purple and the symbol is a butterfly
I challenge you to write/draw anything that has to do with the color purple or a butterfly.You can write a story where a person deals with the disease and how they aspire or whatever you'd like to do. I'd just really like it if people where to become more aware. Most people with lupus end up suffering from depression and it's hard because most of the time we look fine but it's inside the body so if you could write a happy story. Something, funny fluffy, crazy or even weird just have fun.

Here's a banner for if you do the challenge

If you would like to learn more about Lupus, you can go to any of the sites listed below-
Lupus Foundation of America
Cure4Lupus

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/10/29 17:37 By mangageek23.

Supermangageek23 is Bucket 88.5 in Dokugas Bucket Brigade
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Purple Butterfly Challenge 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm extremely interested in doing this challege. I'm going to attempt to have something up soon within the next few days, I have an idea for this.

Logged Logged
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Purple Butterfly Challenge 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Sounds great!

Logged Logged

Calypso
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Purple Butterfly Challenge 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 7
Done as part of 'Invitation'. I hope that's okay.

Rated T: Purple Butterfly

Logged Logged

Join the Around the World Challenge! You can find it in the forums ^^

I claimed the Sesshoumaru STRUT in the claim game!
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Purple Butterfly Challenge 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
yay, you can get the banner!

Logged Logged

Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Purple Butterfly Challenge 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 46
Here is my entry :

"Lavender Memories"
Oneshot
Rated T
www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/7893/1

Logged Logged

Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Purple Butterfly Challenge 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 46
Sorry for not writting something fluffy/funny/crazy. Honestly, this just came to me. If it's not appropriate I'll delete it. Thanks for posting this challenge and helping people become more aware of this disease.

Logged Logged

mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Purple Butterfly Challenge 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 11
Stella wrote:
Sorry for not writting something fluffy/funny/crazy. Honestly, this just came to me. If it's not appropriate I'll delete it. Thanks for posting this challenge and helping people become more aware of this disease.
Ah it's fine if you didn't, the disease doesn't really have happy fluffy moments, I am so glad you participated!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.