Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Dokuga Moderator Month Challenge 2012
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 2
TOPIC: Dokuga Moderator Month Challenge 2012
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Dokuga Moderator Month Challenge 2012 12 Years ago Karma: 32
It's BACK!

As a token of our appreciation and gratitude for the Dokuga Admins and Mods, who are forever giving up their sleep, growing grey hair, babysitting round the clock – all for the sake of us naughty people, Cakeiton and I are announcing the celebration of a Dokuga Moderator Month! These lovely ladies have been working hard, since the site was created, to give us a safe, peaceful, happy and encouraging environment in which we can nurture our talent and enjoy our love for Sesshoumaru and Kagome. This isn’t a challenge, more like a festival! So let’s get together, Dokuga, and show our Mods some love!

This year's theme is - GUILTY PLEASURES!!!

Here are the rules:

1. Each Moderator/Admin will send us their Guilty Pleasure. For Mods who want to read GM (18+ ONLY) rated stuff, we will have TWO Guilty Pleasures posted: one GM rated, which can be worked on only by members who are at least 18 years of age, and a regular Guilty Pleasure, which can be worked on by anyone! The Guilty Pleasures for each are posted below the rules.

2. Just pick the Mod you want to show your appreciation for, and write a fic or draw a fanart based on their Guilty Pleasure. Stories can be either One-shots (minimum 1000 words) or a Drabble series (10 drabbles ONLY). Please keep in mind that all stories need to be COMPLETE when you post them. If you’re posting a drabble series, please post all 10 drabbles together.

3. You can work on stories/art for more than one Mod/Admin if you like. There are no restrictions on how much you want to contribute! If you’re at least 18, then you can work on the GM and regular Guilty Pleasures for the same Mod, if you want.

4. To all YIMs (people under the age of 18), DO NOT post a GM-rated fic or fanart. Our moderators and admins have ways of finding out if you’ve broken the rules and they don’t look kindly on it. This whole challenge is a way to celebrate Dokuga's 4th anniversary and show our gratitude and love for them, NOT create problems that they need to chase down. So comply with the rules, please!

5. Mods are welcome to participate, too, if they want to say thanks or shower some love on other Mods!

6. Once you’re done with your entry, please post it to the site, and also put a link on this thread, so that we can find them easily.

7. And IMPORTANT: Whether you write or art, please ensure that you mention the name of the moderator whose Guilty Pleasure you picked, in your summary of the work. It’s a way of stating who you are dedicating it to, and it makes things more special for everyone, especially them!

8. The challenge ends at 11:59 p.m. on 30 APRIL 2011. That is, end of April. Dokuga was founded around the 24th of April, and for lack of a more precise option, we’ve settled on April as our Dokuga Moderator Appreciation Month!

There will be a big, beautiful banner, of course. The talented Aiko has generously agreed to create one, and it’ll be posted here as soon as she’s done with it. Plus, as you guys know - participation gets you karma from BOTH Cake and me!

Here are the Mod Files:

GUILTY PLEASURES: STORIES

1. Sugar0o's Guilty Pleasures: Kagome as a demon is her Guilty Pleasure! (YIM and GM)

2. Priestess Skye's Guilty Pleasures: Just something sweet. No MA, just sweet old-fashioned romance. Everyday stuff that makes the heart go pitty-pat. (YIM) She has NO GM Guilty pleasure, so please don't create MA rated stories for her.

3. Creature of Shadow's Guilty Pleasures: She likes it when Sess and Kags hate each other at first, then have a moment or two before they realize they like each other, such as a moment where adrenaline takes over and they kiss or do something intimate. And as a result of what they did, they first express disgust for each other, and then grow to admit the attraction. As she says, "Makes me giggle when they wake up all WTF HAPPENED, YOU PUT A SPELL ON ME or something." She also likes Sess to be stoic, except a few small bursts of temper. (YIM and GM)

4. Rowdys girl's Guilty Pleasures: She likes a strong, intelligent Kagome, a determined Sesshoumaru and lots of laughter. (YIM and GM)

5. MoxyMikki's Guilty Pleasures: She likes super angsty romances, especially ones where Sesshomaru starts off as the reluctant good-guy in a story, and a plot where Kagome is powerful and a bit of a bada$$. (YIM)
She is a fan of GM fics which are plot driven. Again, anything really angsty where Kagome is a strong character and Sess is a stoically reluctant do-gooder. She also loves a bit of bad boy Naraku and would enjoy reading about love triangles with a happy ending! As she says, “I'm very Jane Austin in that regard. Its gotta be a happy ending for me!” (GM)

6. WiccanMethuselah's Guilty Pleasures: She's a sap for improbably gentle Sesshoumaru. A story where, against all odds, Kagome finds out that Sessh really does have a heart and it's all hers. Funny, angsty, dramatic, it doesn't matter as long as they have a happy ending. She's really a sucker for the happy ending - regardless of how many teeth it rots with the sugary fluff!! (YIM)
She loves the stories where there's a build up of the sexual tension, leading to either an explosive encounter, or a seemingly forbidden encounter, and they both walk away wondering what's next. Given her predilection above for happy endings, she prefers that they both go through their self-doubts but ultimately end up together. (GM)

7. Tangerine Dream's Guilty Pleasures: She likes Tomb Raider-style stories, anything old school and involving archeology and other such things. She loves all things mummy-ish and involving ancient tombs and whatnot. (YIM)
She does not have any GM Guilty Pleasures as yet, so she challenges you all to give her some! (GM)

8. Synysterstar's Guilty Pleaures: She likes stories that are light and fluffy. Something after the series ended and Sesshomaru is trying to woo Kagome.(YIM)
For Gm category she would like something revolving around the Carnie life. Like a Circus of "Freaks," something dark, and sensual where Kagome is a tamer or something of the sorts but she has a special "freakish" attribute, and Sesshomaru is the "werewolf" beast but that pertains to his demon attributes instead of werewolf. Kagome being the only one who is able to calm the beast outside of the performances they do on a nightly basis. (GM)

GUILTY PLEASURES: ART

1. Sugar0o's Guilty Pleasures: She enjoys artwork that is steamy or has been created for stories that have been published on the site, especially her own stories!

2. Priestess Skye's Guilty Pleasures: As with stories, just something sweet. No MA, just sweet old-fashioned romance. Everyday stuff that makes the heart go pitty-pat.

3. Creature of Shadow's Guilty Pleasures: For art, she would like to see something funny. Like, if Sess were to come up on Kags in a hot spring and present her with an animal head asking her to be his mate and she is all O___O. Or something equally outlandishly humourous!

4. Rowdys girl's Guilty Pleasures: She loves romantic arts with Sesshoumaru and Kagome.

5. MoxyMikki's Guilty Pleasures: She likes seeing art to fanfictions! It amazes her to see a concept put to paper and see how it compares. She feels it would be amazing to see art from her own story - "The Bridal Creed" but she loves many authors here, and would be happy to see arts from ANY of their work. So perhaps anyone wanting to take this on could use THEIR fave fanfiction (new or old) and draw art inspired by it?

6. WiccanMethuselah's Guilty Pleasures: Anything that shows an underlying affection between Sess and Kags. Chibis and adult arts all admired!!

7. Tangerine Dream's Guilty Pleasures: She likes color, so anything involving Kagome and Sesshomaru in colorful situations.

8. Synysterstar's Guilty Pleasures: She likes bloody arts, something bloody and violent, that involves Kags and Sess.

9. Mitharus's Guilty Pleaures: We've got a new male mod this year, guys! He's not big on stories, but he would like art! Especially art that depicts tragedy and despair. Whatever you wish to call it. We can't always have our happy ever after. Those images that depict the moment we loose that which is most important are the ones he has a fondness for!
Also, since he is new to the site and works mostly behind the scenes, Mith doesn't have a sona yet! As a special gift for him, we are instituting a Make-Mith-a-Sona challenge in his art category. Details are – he's our techie; he keeps the site coding clink-free and running smoothly. He is also the resident laptop-saviour of chat, rescuing hapless computers from their frustrated owners. So draw him a sona that personifies that!

PLEASE NOTE: Forthright and Ladybattousai have not yet sent their Guilty pleasures. Please keep an eye on this list to see if they come in as late additions. Also, Terri-tos has requested that her name be kept out of this list. So please accept her wishes and do not dedicate fanfiction or art to her!

Important Note:
There is NO limit to how many entries you can give in. If you wish to luff on more than one moderator, then you're welcome to submit as many entries as it takes, be they fics, art or both. Just remember to mention in the synopsis which mod you're dedicating each piece of work to. You cannot, however, dedicate one fic/art to multiple mods.

If you have any queries, please post them to this thread and either cakeiton or I will get back to you on it.

The Mod Month Challenge begins TODAY! SO PUT YA GUNZ ON! Post a link to your fic/art on this thread when it's complete and posted, and remember to give a warning if it's rated M or above!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/04/01 14:36 By naqaashi. Reason: I forgot to say when this shindig STARTS. >_>

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month Challenge 2012 12 Years ago Karma: 55
Thanks for the rules and everything Naq! It looks great, and I'm SSSOOO excited to see what comes out of it this year. Last year was awesome, and I know this one will be great too!

Logged Logged

Lyra
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month Challenge 2012 12 Years ago Karma: 7
Naq! How genius! ::plots away::

Logged Logged
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month Challenge 2012 12 Years ago Karma: 24
Yay! It's back! I missed deadline the first year around, so I'll be sure to get something in this year! (Maybe... )

Logged Logged

sarhea
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month - For WiccanMethuselah 12 Years ago Karma: 9
Summary: Still waters have hidden depths and Sesshoumaru is an ocean. Kagome discovers seeing him in a different light is hard but it generates great rewards.

Warnings: Sexually graphic/intimate, sex in public settings. Most definitely MA or NC17, not for YIM.

AN: AU. No time-travelling miko who shattered the Shikon, but a modern world where youkai and humans co-exist and are aware of each other.

Intersecting Moments Rated MA

Dedicated to WiccanMethuselah, who asked for a gentle Sesshoumaru, sexual tension, a forbidden explosive encounter, and a happy ending.

Enjoy

Logged Logged

... Cheers, sarhea
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month - For WiccanMethuselah 12 Years ago Karma: 55
sarhea wrote:

Dedicated to WiccanMethuselah, who asked for a gentle Sesshoumaru, sexual tension, a forbidden explosive encounter, and a happy ending.

Enjoy

woot! awesome *karma bestowed*

Logged Logged

sarhea
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month - For WiccanMethuselah 12 Years ago Karma: 9
Thank you!

Logged Logged

... Cheers, sarhea
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month - For WiccanMethuselah 12 Years ago Karma: 32
sarhea wrote:
Summary: Still waters have hidden depths and Sesshoumaru is an ocean. Kagome discovers seeing him in a different light is hard but it generates great rewards.

Warnings: Sexually graphic/intimate, sex in public settings. Most definitely MA or NC17, not for YIM.

AN: AU. No time-travelling miko who shattered the Shikon, but a modern world where youkai and humans co-exist and are aware of each other.

Enjoy

Karma'd!

Logged Logged

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month Challenge 2012 12 Years ago Karma: 21
Hmn.... those are good plunnehs. Wow! A few took my soul

Logged Logged

JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
PRESENT FOR: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WICCAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Beloved

Logged Logged

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
sweet entry! Karma for uuuuuuuuu!

Logged Logged

JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Here you go Mitharus:
You will return to me

Logged Logged

naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month Challenge 2012 12 Years ago Karma: 32
WOW, Jeni! Karma'd you once...shall karma again tomorrow for the double entries!

Logged Logged

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Question!!!

I'm not sure if I will be doing this yet, but IF I do... I want to make sure it's acceptable. One fic can't be dedicated to multiple mods/admins, BUT... if I created a story where each chapter can be a stand alone "one-shot" story for each mod, but it can ALSO be considered a multi chaptered story because they correlate or is part of a continuation... is that okay? (I hope that made sense... )

Logged Logged

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Aurora Antheia Raine wrote:
Question!!!

I'm not sure if I will be doing this yet, but IF I do... I want to make sure it's acceptable. One fic can't be dedicated to multiple mods/admins, BUT... if I created a story where each chapter can be a stand alone "one-shot" story for each mod, but it can ALSO be considered a multi chaptered story because they correlate or is part of a continuation... is that okay? (I hope that made sense... )

As long as each oneshot meets the minimum word count, why not! I think that's a great idea!
Also, I can't remember if we put a minimum word count, but it should be up ^^ there with the rules if there is.

EDIT: Yeup, 1000 words.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/04/09 22:32 By cakeiton.

naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
cakeiton wrote:
Aurora Antheia Raine wrote:
Question!!!

As long as each oneshot meets the minimum word count, why not! I think that's a great idea!
Also, I can't remember if we put a minimum word count, but it should be up ^^ there with the rules if there is.

EDIT: Yeup, 1000 words.

Go ahead and do it! As long as each chappie is for a separate mod and is at least 1000 words, you're free to experiment!

Also, Jeni's been re-karma'd for her second entry!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/04/10 03:00 By naqaashi.

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
yuuuuuus!! thank you! time to tackle those vicious plunnies!!

Logged Logged

insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month Challenge 2012 12 Years ago Karma: 95
Here's mine for Wiccan

Once Upon a Diary

Sesshoumaru discovers Kagome’s diary beside the well and reads it in an attempt to figure out the puzzling miko. Along the way he discovers more than just Kagome’s personality, he discovers love. Shameless fluffy pink ball of cotton candy dedicated to Wiccan to give her a sugar rush for Mod appreciation month.

Rated M

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
Shadowkat83
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month Challenge 2012 12 Years ago Karma: 1
Sweet, I think I have an idea for one for sugar0o! Be on the lookout for it!

Logged Logged

I dont suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/I_write_to__Jennifer_Griffin.jpg
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
insomniac_amy's karma increased! Thank you for the entry, m'dear!

Jennifer, bring it on! MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Logged Logged

insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month Challenge 2012 12 Years ago Karma: 95
Thank you

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
1CarinoInu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Moderator Month Challenge 2012 12 Years ago Karma: 9
For MoxyMikki, A Reluctant Bride

Rated MA

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/04/15 21:50 By 1CarinoInu.
sarhea
Whelp
graphgraph
This is dedicated to Sugar0o who asked for Kagome as a demon. Thank you so much r0o for dragging me into GM DDN, and relighting my interest in writing and this particular pairing.

Title: All Thanks to a Genie
Rated: MA
Summary: The group runs into an unfamiliar magical being that transforms Kagome into an inu-youkai. Unfortunately InuYasha does not take it well and well… someone else steps up to the plate.
Warnings: Explicit language, graphic smut/sex scenes, sex toys, anal sex.
Link: All Thanks to a Genie

Enjoy r0o and many thanks.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/05/01 14:37 By MoxyMikki. Reason: to clarify the confusion in rating

... Cheers, sarhea
12345c
Pup
graphgraph
Here's my story for PriestessSkye ^-^ I love the sweet stuff too

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/7257/1

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Awesome everyone! You all have been karma'd!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.