Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
The Cameo Challenge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom
TOPIC: The Cameo Challenge
Shinji Nishizono
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The Cameo Challenge 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
Cameo Challenge

Hiya, Dokuga! I, Shinji (aka Itsy), bring to you a very unique (or so I believe) challenge. From the title, you can probably guess what it’s about (of course; you’re all brilliant. >.>) but I’m going to go over the boring details anyway. ^.~

So here’s the point: I challenge you, Dokuga, to write a one-shot. It can be any genre, any rating, with any content. It can be AU or cannon or some strange conglomerate of the two (I know some very talented authors who are quite capable of this). It can have smut, or just be a little fluffy thing. It doesn’t have to be strictly romance, though the main characters must be Sesshomaru and Kagome in some way (this is Dokuga, so that’s a given anyway). Whatever you want to write, have fun doing it! Find yourself stuck? Ask for a prompt and I shall be happy to provide.

The catch? A cameo. Just so I am clear, a ‘cameo’ is a brief appearance of a character from somewhere else, set into the background of the fic, but not a prominent part of the scene.

The rules; the cameo must be from another anime or manga. The cameo must be recognizable. Meaning, the reader can say “Oh! Hey! That person sounds like so and so from this anime!” The cameo, as stated above, can not be a major part of the scene or the one-shot in general. That would make it a crossover and would defeat the purpose of it being a ‘cameo’ in the first place. The oneshot must be at least 1000 words long. Warnings are an absolute must. The cameo must be placed appropriately into the fic. Meaning, if it’s AU modern times and all the characters are highschool kids, having a random flying demon squirrel or something happening that is not within the rules of the created universe (magic in a world where magic does not exist), then it is not placed appropriately.

Every person that participates will receive a banner for doing the challenge. I will give karma for random but unique cameos that work best in the overall setting (like, say, Kurabayashi Hal walking down the road with a girl on his arm). I will also dish out karma if you make me laugh or cry. Definitely if you make me cry. And gore will always get someone karma from me, but I’m not going to mention anything else on that topic.

So, I hope to get some interest in this! A nod goes to r0o and Shadow for helping me hash out the details. ^^

EDIT: I forgot the deadline! There is none. >.> Which is why I forgot it.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/11 11:17 By Shinji Nishizono.

I would like to note that I am Itsy\\\\\\\'s muse. I.e.: I am her, basically. Meaning I will not tolerate someone ELSE getting her with a pie. That\\\\\\\'s my job. >.>
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:The Cameo Challenge 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 15
I am in!

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:The Cameo Challenge 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 39
I think I'll give this a shot (<_< meaning don't be surprised if I don't get it done, but I'm wanting to, thoughts are already forming). 2 Questions: 1) can the cameo be played with as a running gag so long as it doesn't affect the actual story the one-shot is telling or draw the cameo-character into the story? 2)What's our deadline?

~HOME-MADE CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES!! That is all.~

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:The Cameo Challenge 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 29
Two questions:

1) does the cameo have to be from an anime/manga or can it be a VERY recognizable character from a game? Which is also an animated movie... I think? Anyways, if you would like to know specifically who, PM me. I wont start until I know for sure that its okay.

2) Is there a deadline? And if yes, then when is it?

Logged Logged
Shinji Nishizono
Pup
graphgraph
Re:The Cameo Challenge 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
1) can the cameo be played with as a running gag so long as it doesn't affect the actual story the one-shot is telling or draw the cameo-character into the story?

Yes, it can be played with as a running gag. No, it cannot be drawn into the story-line, as that would make the story a crossover.

2)What's our deadline?

Oh, I forgot that, didn't I? Um, no deadline.

3) does the cameo have to be from an anime/manga or can it be a VERY recognizable character from a game? Which is also an animated movie... I think?

Video game characters are acceptable. *isn't thinking about Dante... really, isn't... is also a pathological liar XD*

Logged Logged

I would like to note that I am Itsy\\\\\\\'s muse. I.e.: I am her, basically. Meaning I will not tolerate someone ELSE getting her with a pie. That\\\\\\\'s my job. >.>
SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:The Cameo Challenge 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
I'll give this a shot

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Silly Itsy- I didn't mean 'drawn in' asking if they could be pulled into the story, I meant it as can It be a running gag so long as the running doesn't pull them into the story. Nutter

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/11 13:33 By Freya Ishtar.
Shinji Nishizono
Pup
graphgraph
-_- You know I'm super blonde. You coulda just said that to begin with, instead of being all criptic ish.

Logged Logged

Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
I wasn't cryptic at all, but I can understand how my phrasing could be misinterpreted. However, understanding my original point, if you go back and reread that, it will be clear .

Logged Logged
Shinji Nishizono
Pup
graphgraph
*whines* But I'm too laaaazzyyy. Anywho, yeah, that's fine.

Logged Logged

Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Here is my entry...
Prompt Given: Ayakashi

Rated: T+

www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/4693/1

Edited--- Hopefully the link words now lol.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/14 10:22 By Miss Anna.

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

ItsyBitsySpider
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:The Cameo Challenge 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 10
Your link is off. :/ It took me to a roadrunner search thing and I had to go to your profile to find it.

Logged Logged

It takes courage to kill, wit to avoid it and strength to never be tempted.
-
Sometimes you\\\\\\\'ve just gotta bite the bullet and take the plunge. Sometimes you just have to say \\\\\\\'I was wrong\\\\\\\'.

ItsyBitsySpider
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:The Cameo Challenge 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 10
I finally got around to reading it! *has been busy*

It's a little close to being a crossover, but definitely interesting! I like the take on your prompt. I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks for taking part, Miss Anna S!

Logged Logged

It takes courage to kill, wit to avoid it and strength to never be tempted.
-
Sometimes you\\\\\\\'ve just gotta bite the bullet and take the plunge. Sometimes you just have to say \\\\\\\'I was wrong\\\\\\\'.

Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Yeah thats why I stopped it right there...I was afraid if I continued writing anymore that it would be a crossover.
And no need to thank me...it was fun and the challenge is interesting.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.