Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Hot Gimmick Challenge
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Hot Gimmick Challenge
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Hot Gimmick Challenge 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 14
Just finished reading this manga online and the storyline seems so appropriate for a Sess/Kag challenge. Here's a quick story summary I knicked from wikipedia: "The story revolves around Hatsumi Narita, a passive sixteen-year-old girl who lives in a company housing complex that is ruled by the tyrannical Mrs. Tachibana, the wife of the company's vice president. How a family behaves in the housing complex can affect an employee's status in the company. When her promiscuous younger sister Akane thinks she might be pregnant, Hatsumi gets talked into buying her a pregnancy test. Unfortunately, things don't go exactly as planned and Hatsumi is blackmailed by Ryoki Tachibana, the arrogant teenage son of the powerful Tachibana family who bullied her as a kid, into being his slave."

If you haven't read it, here's a link to the scanlation page: CLICK ME!

I have some reservations about this series, as there are some adult themes, plus I don't know 'bout y'all, but I ain't too hot on dudes hitting chicks. So if you take this challenge up, feel free to change certain aspects of the original story. (There are also some slightly creepy plot twists that freaked me out... and yet I still sort of enjoyed this series. Something is wrong with me...)

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
l33t
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Hot Gimmick Challenge 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
This seems like an interesting plot. I have read Hot Gimmick, but I'll probably have to refresh my memory. There are some disturbing plot twists in this series, and I'm not too keen on guys hitting girls. I would definitely leave that out.

How close would you want the story line to Hot Gimmick?

Logged Logged
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Hot Gimmick Challenge 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 14
I leave that up to you, the author. I like seeing what other people come up with!

Logged Logged
l33t
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Hot Gimmick Challenge 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
Okay, cool. I'm going to definitely take a shot at this!

Logged Logged
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Logged Logged
thirteenxwishes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Hot Gimmick Challenge 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4
It sounds quite interesting, actually - I'll have to read the series before I decide on anything, but I might try and write an AU series with elements of the plot, maybe? Not a massive epic or anything, so it wouldn't infringe on anything starlit333 will write. I was toying with the idea of a Sess/Kag AU before I saw this, so it works for me!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/03/26 05:45 By thirteenxwishes.
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
It's okay with me. The whole reason I decided to post this challenge was because I thought that Hot Gimmick had all the elements of a good Sess/Kag. Give the scanlations a read, though beware, there are some passages missing -- specifically some parts that deal with the more sexual issues in the manga. I had to pick up and read a copy at my local bookstore to find that out.

Anyway, take it in whatever direction you'd like. I'm interested to see where you'll take it.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.