Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
The first-ever SessKag Annual Falloween Event!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This thread is a place to post all challenges. All challenges on this site need to be SessKag. If you have any questions contact a moderator.
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: The first-ever SessKag Annual Falloween Event!
DeadlyGlacier
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The first-ever SessKag Annual Falloween Event! 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 4
Hello, everyone!

I'm sure many of y'all have heard rumblings about this in the last few weeks, but as the start date is getting closer, I’d like to officially tell you all about it on our amazing community site!

Starting September 1st, the SessKag Annual Falloween Event (or SAFE) will be starting its very first run! We’re very excited to share this event with the SessKag community, and we hope you’ll join us this fall.

WHAT IT IS:
This is a fanfiction writing event that is modeled after the board game Monopoly! Only, all the properties are fanfic tropes!

When you sign up, you’ll be given a team, and it’s your job to earn as many points as you can before the event ends so that your team wins!

You earn points by writing one-shots that fulfill the tropes on the board, and you earn even more points by going the extra mile!

PROMPTS:
Each trope has three levels of prompts: Human, Hanyou, and Full Demon.
Human prompts are 3 points.
Hanyou prompts are 5 points.
Full Demon prompts are 8 points.

An example of a prompt you may receive in your email:
Hello YourNameHere!
You rolled a ___ and have landed on:
Your New Position: Inuyasha’s Forest
Property Name: The Bone Eater’s Well
Trope: Romantic Rain
Human: Write a fic where Sesshomaru and Kagome have a romantic encounter in the rain. Word Count: 400-700
Hanyou: They share a first kiss. Word Count: 1200-2000
Full Demon: Their romantic encounter leads to NSFW smut. Word Count: 3000-5000

Notice that each level has a word count! You must fulfil the minimum word count on the corresponding level if you wish to be eligible for those points, as well as fulfil the prompt for that level.

So, if you wish to do the Full Demon level (and get the maximum amount of points), you need to meet the word count, fulfil the prompt, AND the prompts that came before it!

TURNING IN A PROMPT

Whenever you receive an email from the mod team, there are links to the game guide, your team points table(s), and the submitting form. There is also a link to the form on the game guide itself!

As you fill out the form, you will be asked for your email, username, and to provide a link to the story you just wrote for your prompt, whether it be posted on AO3, FFN, or other fanfiction-sharing site. (We recommend AO3, however, as there will be a collection everyone can post their stories to on that site, keeping the event fics neat and tidy! If you do not have an account on AO3, we recommend joining now!!)

You’ll also be asked to disclose what level of the prompt you filled out--Human, Hanyou, or Full Demon--so be sure to choose the correct option to get your points!

After that, you’ll be asked if you’d like us to share your work on the SAFE Tumblr and provide any additional comments if necessary.

When you’ve completed and submitted your form, please allow up to 48 hours to receive a new prompt!

Alright, whew! I know that was a lot of information to dump at you, but I just want everyone to know how new and exciting this event is for our community. Myself and ForgettableFox noticed there aren't that many competitive events specifically for SessKag, so we wanted to change that ourselves!

This event is inspired by a FullMetal Alchemist event we participated in this summer called RoyEdOTPoly which was developed by Rei382 of AO3 and Discord.

We hope y'all can join us for the event this fall, and please reach out if you have any questions. Both ForgettableFox and I are available here on Dokuga and the SessKag Discord servers if you wish to contact us about our event! We will have a Discord server specifically for the event coming soon, when it gets closer to the start date!

Come join us!

<3DG

Here are the links to the signup form, the SAFE Tumblr, and the link where you can find the full game guide!

SAFE Tumblr
Game Guide
Signup Form

Here is the event's schedule as well!

August 29-31

Welcome Emails Sent Out with Team Assignments

August 31

Absolute Last Day To Sign Up

September 1

Game Begins! First Prompts are Emailed

October 22

Final Day to Receive New Prompt

October 29

Final Day to Submit for Points

November 1

Winning Team is Announced

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\"The truth is rarely pure and never simple.\\\\\\\" -- Oscar Wilde
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
DeadlyGlacier
Pup
graphgraph
Re:The first-ever SessKag Annual Falloween Event! 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 4
ONE WEEK LEFT TO SIGN UP!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2021/08/25 16:22 By DeadlyGlacier.

DeadlyGlacier
Pup
graphgraph
Re:The first-ever SessKag Annual Falloween Event! 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 4
TWO DAYS LEFT TO SIGN UP!!!

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:The first-ever SessKag Annual Falloween Event! 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 277
And I am going to add my own plea to this TWO DAY WARNING...

PLEASE sign up and help create some of the wonderful tales & fanarts that I so LOVE seeing! As I've mentioned elsewhere, our family doesn't often do presents, so I treasure all these beautiful works and appropriate them as my "pretties" during the holidays!

Yes, I know I'm strange, but relatively harmless!

So, YEAH, sign up to make pretties!!!!!!!!!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.