Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Does anyone remember this fic?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Does anyone remember this fic?
Inugoddess
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Does anyone remember this fic? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I've been looking for an old fic for forever. It's driving me crazy that I can't find it.

It's really old and here's what I remember of it. Kikyo has convinced Inuyasha to be on her side during the shard hunt. In one scene the gang hears Inuyasha screaming in pain. When they investigate, they find Sesshoumaru hovering over Inuyasha. He explains that he is simply giving Inuyasha a lesson on how painful it is to live without a whole soul. Inuyasha, of course, had never realized that Kagome was living in pain this whole time.

In another scene, Midoriko grants Kikyo's wish and gives her a soul. But takes away her miko powers. Thus Kikyo gets to be an ordinary woman.

At the end of the story Kikyo kind of rues that wish as she's working in the rice field. She finds out that as an ordinary woman, she doesn't enjoy the same freedoms she did as a miko. She also has a husband that thinks nothing of hitting her if she doesn't finish her work.

It was completed and well written. I'd give anything to find that story again.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Does anyone remember this fic? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 78
Sounds like "The Unworthy One" by Vyncent, on A Single Spark. Definitely, the last part of your description, and it is complete and an awesome, truly epic fanfic.

I don't remember InuYasha screaming, but I do remember Sesshy using an enchanted stone to transfer the memories he got from Kagome to InuYasha, so he understood how badly he and Kikyo had treated Kagome.

Logged Logged
Inugoddess
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Does anyone remember this fic? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I peeked at the epilogue to make sure. But, that's it!!! Thank you so much knifethrower. I am forever grateful.

Logged Logged
Darrakk
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Does anyone remember this fic? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
Come, let us show our gratefulness to the awesome that is Knifethrower. Karma pointsssss!

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Does anyone remember this fic? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 66
Awesome fic by an awesome author who just seemed to disappear from the fanfic world. From the first chapter to the epilogue, this story is excellent.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Inugoddess
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Does anyone remember this fic? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I can't believe how much of the story I forgot. It's even better than I remembered.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.